You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: "Our Heroes" - A Negativity Quiz

The hat lol

But seriously, the ticket price.

If they came to France, I'd have to pay train fares to go to paris or Nantes ( I'm in the middle now ) and with 4 children, I can't afford tickets worth a whole month of rent, bills, food and the rest.

Shame if Gnr become a band for rich kids, celebrities, yuppies and the retired.

What is the most annoying thing about the reunion?

Secret Show stealing the historic reunion after fans bought tickets to vegas / coachella 7%
Axl - How dare you break your foot!!!! I needs me some running and puffing 0%
Now? But Axl was screaming better in 2006 and Slash playing better in 2010 - LATE LATE LATE! 7%
Where is that goose..er...um mothergoose...my boy Pitman 0%
Where is fucking Izzy? 24%
Are you guys trying to make Steven kill himself? Can't he like just fan you onstage or something? 3%
I want to hit something like Matt hits drums because you left him out! 21%
When you said reunion - I thought of R.O.B.I.N. and KFC 0%
Axl - I love you - but um...I can't masturbate to that hat anymore 0%
What's the deal with the tempo changes? 7%
Fortus you can sure play a mean solo. But um...maybe don't please. 7%
Slash....I love you...but um...are you trolling at the moment? 3%
Melissa...come on we finally got rid of Pitman and you put an animated character in the band? 0%
Ticket Prices - I had to hock my kidneys to go to the show and now I piss more blood than Axl 21%
Do i have to give a reason. I just fucking hate GNR because it's fun. 0%
Total votes: 29
Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

yes....

As will I.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

In general I have nothing to complain about but I voted 'Where's Izzy?".  This is amazing but it could have been a tad more amazing with him. I can handle his absence since we got used to it the past 25 years. If they start running in circles the next few years I might start complaining about his absence. If they start releasing material I wont whine at all.

Tickets are high but couldn't vote for that. We all knew tickets would be high if this ever happened. They're not even that much more than other major acts and I think Stones tickets are even higher so this is par for the course.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Where's Izzy?

Everyone is ten years older than they were in 2006, fourteen years older than in 2002 and twenty years older than in 1996...

I guess that covers most of it.

James

James wrote:

AS far as it should've happened in 2006. 2001, 1997,etc....these are the cards that have been dealt. We're lucky its finally happening. They could have easily waited a few more years and ruined it. I could sense a silent era in its infancy stage last year. I know one thing....no way in hell was he coming back with another reboot. Its why I didn't understand some of the negativity on the communities when this first started happening. They act like Slash killed their Chinese dreams. You weren't getting that ever under those circumstances. The past 8 years proves this. So people were basically crying that GNR weren't going to sit and do nothing.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I realize that but it still stings a little... You've got to admit. So much time/potential gone to waste.

Not to say that I'm not grateful or anything - I am.

I've said it before and I will gladly say it again: I never, ever thought I would live to see this happen.

Treasure it.

James

James wrote:

Oh I agree it was a huge waste. Imagine U2 breaking up after Achtung and reuniting now. Look at everything the world would have missed out on. Soundgarden breaking up after BMF.....Superunknown and Down on the Upside wouldn't exist. That's a frightening thought.

This situation a bit like if the Stones don't do Steel Wheels album/tour, Voodoo doesn't happen and instead wait to reunite for Babylon. There's still enough time to add to the discography if they wish to do so.

Speaking of Babylon....I wish GNR could whip up a single of this caliber.....

johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Imagine U2 breaking up after Achtung and reuniting now. Look at everything the world would have missed out on.

Yea, that would've been fucking great. Except for the reuniting part. Imagine if U2 had of just fucked off & they'd all died from rectal cancer, there'd be no ISIS or Boko Haram, there'd be no global warming or constant bullshit aid to Africa, people would pay their taxes... Everything would be hunky fucking dory. The world would've been wonderful had U2 broke up.
Why do you even torture me with dreams like this? It sounds so good.. Reality however is a tough cross to bear & unfortunately I still have to share a planet with Bono & that prat The Edge.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I voted no Izzy simply because I think he would be able to help them release new studio material faster.

Board footer