You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

tejastech08 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

good luck with new music....this is the cash grab of all cash grab tours.

I don't agree. Band members seem to be getting along very well. There are other reunion tours in the past where people couldn't even put a smile on it in public. Maybe they're just really happy about the huge payday, but it seems like genuine happiness to me.

wsCalMp.jpg

Sky Dog wrote:

Steak or Lobster? How about both!

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Steak or Lobster? How about both!

What's up? Not happy?

Sky Dog wrote:

Of course I am happy. But, let's call a spade a spade. This is a cash grab tour....

CSS 2.0

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Well, it's kind of hard not to when they make millions of dollars at each individual show...

But that doesn't necessarily have to mean that there isn't a plan to make new music further down the line.

Or that they aren't happy - for that matter.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I think Axl is happy to have the burden removed of carrying the GN'R name 100% on his shoulders.

CSS 2.0

CSS 2.0 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I think Axl is happy to have the burden removed of carrying the GN'R name 100% on his shoulders.

I can definitely see that.

Mentally this whole situation will only do him good and that is what matters the most to me in the end because, while he has obviously struggled throughout his entire life with his demons, the last twenty years have definitely not been kind on his psyche.

It is very nice to be able to see shades of the Axl "of yore" - if you will.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Obviously there's some aspects of this designed to make a shit load of money.

However to me it's not a "cash grab" unless there's no effort displayed to do new-things.

This tour Slash has learned the Chinese Democracy songs....and Axl is busting out formally rare stuff like There Was A Time, Coma, Yesterdays etc

He also seems to be using more rasp than he had since 2009.

So it seems to me like they're trying again....so I won't call it a cash grab.

That said...I'd love to see the band more forward - like as shit cool as this stuff is...it's all based in the past....coma....attitude....the godfather....it's kinda re-doing UYI. I'd love to see them drop a new single or something and start a new phase.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

CgjMubMVEAAZUOE.jpg

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Of course I am happy. But, let's call a spade a spade. This is a cash grab tour....

They're being paid an obscene amount of money in today's standards. They'll take it. If you put it that way, I agree.

However, interest in a new Guns album just hit the biggest peak since '99. Axl's got an album in the can. Give Slash a week and he'll record quality solos to each and every track. One or two original tracks by this lineup and their King Animal is there.

Duff and Slash would love to do it. Axl's got very little to lose there.

Board footer