You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Del James comments on Robins status

Bono wrote:

I'd like to chime in quickly here and say none of this surprises me. Over a year ago I posted at the old ROV that CD is never coming out untill the old guys(Slash & Duff) put their mark on it. The album is not done, it's not handed in and it's not even close to being released.  The reason?  Slash and Duff haven't recroded their parts yet.  VR is singless, Gn'R has lost their lead man on guitar,  gee I wonder what we can expect to unfold within the next year or so....... I'm sticking to this theory cause in my opinion it's the most solid theory going and has been for a few years now.

Sky Dog wrote:

I remember you saying that and me scoffing at you...I still don't think it will happen but you are getting closer by the day! 18

Here is Mysteron's latest on the Robin situation:
"All of the band members (GN'R) are currently doing their own random projects, but because this is Robin and NIN everything changes because of their history

Let us be clear though. Robin has not intimated at any point that he has left GN'R, so there should be no reason to worry. Because Robin has 'rejoined' NIN for the moment, the press coverage of this will obviously promote NIN and their future endeavours, so Robin, NIN and whoever else will not act in any manner to stop this happening because, of course,  it benefits them, and as we all know, any promo is normally good promo.

Obviously if Guns were to become active then that would leave Robin with decisions to make, but I personally think would he would choose GN'R given the time and effort he has put into it them. I think, given the fact that NIN world tours tend to be short affairs anyway, Robin sees this whole thing as an educated gamble." 17:headbang:

translation- Gnr ain't doing shit for awhile.....

Intercourse wrote:

I believe that people in general will always prefer to see Izzy, Axl, Slash and Duff play together live rather than the crew Axl has assembled today.

why has this thread about Robin turned into stupid reunion speculations.     your statement is incorrect.  a lot of people dont' givea shit about the old lineup and dont' care to see a stupid reunion.    Lets not take this thread there.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I bet Axl's album would sell much better off the strength of that publicity plus he would no longer have the burden of proving that he was the true heart of guns n roses and not just a vital part.

I posted somethign along those lines a few days ago...and i wholeheartedly agree that it would do nothing but help boost the sales figures of CD

Neemo wrote:

what better way to get a buzz for GnR than to do a short reunion tour? make a ton of cash, satisfy the label, release CD on its heals ..... and watch it go hmm

Bono wrote:

The album is not done, it's not handed in and it's not even close to being released.  The reason?  Slash and Duff haven't recroded their parts yet.

now i dont think i'd go that far. when CD comes out it will be with the "current" gnr lineup (including BH, Brain and Tobias)..what happens after that album is anyones guess

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I believe that people in general will always prefer to see Izzy, Axl, Slash and Duff play together live rather than the crew Axl has assembled today.

why has this thread about Robin turned into stupid reunion speculations.     your statement is incorrect.  a lot of people dont' givea shit about the old lineup and dont' care to see a stupid reunion.    Lets not take this thread there.

Dont kid yourself JB...alot of people care about the old gnr...more than alot actually...more than care about Axl's new gnr....rumors of reunions and shouts of "where's slash" will follow Axl til he dies i'm afraid...i'f i've learned anything from posting on these message boards...its that

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
madagas wrote:

I remember you saying that and me scoffing at you...I still don't think it will happen but you are getting closer by the day! 18

Here is Mysteron's latest on the Robin situation:
"All of the band members (GN'R) are currently doing their own random projects, but because this is Robin and NIN everything changes because of their history

Let us be clear though. Robin has not intimated at any point that he has left GN'R, so there should be no reason to worry. Because Robin has 'rejoined' NIN for the moment, the press coverage of this will obviously promote NIN and their future endeavours, so Robin, NIN and whoever else will not act in any manner to stop this happening because, of course,  it benefits them, and as we all know, any promo is normally good promo.

Obviously if Guns were to become active then that would leave Robin with decisions to make, but I personally think would he would choose GN'R given the time and effort he has put into it them. I think, given the fact that NIN world tours tend to be short affairs anyway, Robin sees this whole thing as an educated gamble." 17:headbang:

I think I am officially bored of GNR now. Still checking the boards out of complete habit.

They just aren't doing enough.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Don't be dillusional the general public would care more about a reunion than they ever will about the new "band".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Lets try not to get into the old vs new thing, at least in this thread. I know I played a role in the reunion hijack recently because some planets look to be aligning, but each Finck topic doesn't really require reunion speculation.

I agree with Madagas. From the look of Mysteron's comments, we are in for another silent period.

Bono, that was always a very odd yet interesting theory you had regarding old members and CD.

James Lofton wrote:

Lets try not to get into the old vs new thing, at least in this thread. I know I played a role in the reunion hijack recently because some planets look to be aligning, but each Finck topic doesn't really require reunion speculation.

thanks.  i don't come here to read about reunion speculations and some people have zero interest in it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

i didn't translate it that way at all. mysteron said he doesn't think robin is gone for good and if album were to be aimed for release before his return he thinks finck would choose to come back (whether or not that is true is another debate). one thing i feel strongly about is that if the album is turned in to geffen, they willl release it when it most suitable for promotion and sales, not out of convenience for axl's revolving group of musicians. i like finck and do not mean any disrespect but, logistically speaking, i don't see his absence (permanent or temporary) changing anything. if the world knew who finck was it would be different because they would know what was missing on stage but cd's goal will be to attract new fans who will mostly be oblivious to the band's history - the rest will be wondering where slash and maybe buckethead are, not robin.

Sky Dog wrote:

it's all in the fine print...

"Obviously IF Guns were to become active"

"Robin sees this whole thing as an EDUCATED gamble."

Not "when" but "if"....freudian slip of the tongue.....I sense uncertainty there.

An "educated" gamble means that Robin knows nothing is coming for awhile maybe?

Board footer