You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: The Rant Thread

Neemo wrote:

Well it's just junk food, cake and icing, so if she doesn't want it that's fine....just weird lol

She is a pain with eating meals tho...I just send her to bed now if she doesn't want to eat her food...like u said...no time or energy for bullshit

Eat or goodnight...my problem is 2 red headed daughters and a red headed wife...stubborn tongue big_smile

Memory from a redhead ( me)

7 years old

Mum" clean your bedroom"
Me " no"
Dad " clean your bedroom"
Me " no"

Goes to the shelves and throws everything to the floor, then empties all clothes drawers until the whole bedroom is on the floor.

Mum " stop it, be careful, you'll tread on your reading glasses and break them !!"

Me " what ? That ?"

Child purposely smashes glasses.

Dad " you will not come out of your bedroom until it's clean and you said sorry"

Two days later, another knock on the door.

Mum " Jessie, you have to eat something !!!"

Puts another plate of food behind the door.

Me " no"

3rd day, went to school, came back, bedroom was tidy.

That is one memory but it lasted until I left home.

Each age brought different answers.

Good luck.

Lol

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

It is snowing outside. Again.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It's nice now, but I drove through a snow storm myself on Saturday. The town on the other side of the hills was dry and sunny. 14

CSS 2.0

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I'm just so tired of it at this point. I want spring and summer to sing their praises.

AtariLegend wrote:

At least you guys live in a country with a weather system. Here it's actually more likely to snow during Spring than during the Summer.

This place is famous for it's beautiful grey skies/miserable weather. There's a few popular TV shows that get filmed here, just for the weather.

Nothing more annoying, than hearing someone say... oh it's a lovely warm day today. When it's 10ºC or less, just because the clouds aren't blocking the Sun.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't know how you guys on that side of the pond ever got used to the metric system. That shit just didn't fly here no matter how hard they pushed it. I remember my grandpa thought it was a sign of the end times. Same thing with the bar codes that were on products before they started using scanners in the stores. He'd grab a bottle of soda or something, call you over there and say, "You see this right here? That's the mark of the beast". 14

CSS 2.0

CSS 2.0 wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:

Americans are weird.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Nowadays everyone is weird

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't know how you guys on that side of the pond ever got used to the metric system.

It's because it's all base 10 and logical to divide.

100 cm in Metre
1000g in a kg
1000m in a kilometre

Notice a decimal theme going on....

Imperial counting is what seems odd to us.

It's like your portions and numbers are set at random.

12 Inches in a Foot
14 Pounds in a Stone
5280 Feet in a Mile
62.3 Ardvarks in a Hantooee

Is just so abstract  big_smile

Board footer