You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

Rex wrote:

I guess a lil bit of axl rubbed off on bucket after all 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He is playing June 7 in my town. Maybe I will go see him.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Oh wow. I would have been cussing him out had something like that happened in Frisco.

He is so secretive that fans can barely even guess what is going on. He's fucking around with songs, now we've got technical difficulties ending shows quickly...what's next?

Detroit's show last night went fairly well, although his bass wouldn't work. He only usually uses it for one song.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He is playing June 7 in my town. Maybe I will go see him.

It's a cheap show. Probably $25 or so if you can pick up tickets at the box office. That's what I always do. Fuck Ticketmaster.

I will say, this tour he doesn't seem to be on his "A" game, but maybe after 4 years he's still working the kinks out. By June 7, perhaps it will be better.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James Lofton wrote:

Holy shit...Bri is right. I didn't listen to that vid I posted last night yet, I just checked out Soothsayer.

:20-:35 and :52-:55 to anyone that doesn't want to hear the whole song.

00:20-00:35?
He's always doing that variation in live performances. Look, here he is doing it eight years ago:

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I'd have to listen again to the 2016 version. Can't say specifically what is different.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Just watched a live stream of the entire Indy show. No issues tonight. Soothsayer sounded great. He's getting back in the groove.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

watching another live stream tonight. He's on fire!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Holy shit...Bri is right. I didn't listen to that vid I posted last night yet, I just checked out Soothsayer.

He is definitely taking liberties with the material. Tehnically he has always done this but it is too noticeable now. When you're fucking around with your set's big enchilada to that degree, something is wrong.  He's almost ruining this song.

I gotta listen to a whole show tonight. I want to hear the portion of Crash Victim he plays.

I don't know what his issue is but he's definitely NOT catering these shows to hardcore fans. They will notice this stuff immediately. You're also right about the tone. It sounds a tad off. I'll have to hear more before judging that too harshly.

HOnestly as much as I love Soothsayer I'd rather he play a newer track in its place if he's going to do that with the song.

OMG... this might be the worst i've ever seen him.

His flow is off. He's stiff. His tone is WRONG. He's missing key parts.

Wow... not like him.

Maybe he just is having to dust the cob webs off having not performed live in like 4 years.

I was thinking about going, but with the same standard setlist, and these kinds of performances... i'm not traveling 4 hours round trip for that.

It makes that 2011 performance I saw before his life went to hell, all the more special. sad

All the best to him, I hope he figures it all out. He's the best guitarist GN'R ever had. hmm

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He is definitely taking liberties with the material. Tehnically he has always done this but it is too noticeable now. When you're fucking around with your set's big enchilada to that degree, something is wrong.  He's almost ruining this song.

I gotta listen to a whole show tonight. I want to hear the portion of Crash Victim he plays.

I don't know what his issue is but he's definitely NOT catering these shows to hardcore fans. They will notice this stuff immediately. You're also right about the tone. It sounds a tad off. I'll have to hear more before judging that too harshly.

HOnestly as much as I love Soothsayer I'd rather he play a newer track in its place if he's going to do that with the song.

OMG... this might be the worst i've ever seen him.

His flow is off. He's stiff. His tone is WRONG. He's missing key parts.

Wow... not like him.

Maybe he just is having to dust the cob webs off having not performed live in like 4 years.

I was thinking about going, but with the same standard setlist, and these kinds of performances... i'm not traveling 4 hours round trip for that.

It makes that 2011 performance I saw before his life went to hell, all the more special. sad

All the best to him, I hope he figures it all out. He's the best guitarist GN'R ever had. hmm

He's getting better, but even I wouldn't do a 4-hour round-trip for Buckethead. The live stream I watched last night was pretty Damn good.

Board footer