You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Prince is Dead

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

Cool read. I was listening to Who's Crying Now in the car this morning and was like, Goddamn Neal Shon is a great guitarist. Looks like Prince thought so too.

The Who's Crying Now solo is perhaps my favorite of all time. I'm learning it in my guitar class. It's not too hard. Almost have it all down.

Apparently Prince released a guitar based album. I need to track it down. He was so prolific, much of his stuff was overlooked.

The only album I can think of is NEWS, it was an instrumental album with 4 tracks at 14 minutes each. It's pretty guitar driven for the most part.

Faithfully (Journey's best track imo), sounds nothing like Purple Rain. But it's cool that he at least asked them.

Everything that Schon/Cain does is great imo. They are sorely underrated. With Perry, Journey became the Guns N' Roses of the AOR Rock scene as far as i'm concerned. They're the heavyweights.

Although Schon/Cain began to hate it, I always loved Bad English, and thought they were sorely underrated. Which was basically Journey with John Waite in the late 80's/early 90's. Even that recent album with Pineda...

Schon/Cain have always been underrated as a duo.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Prince is Dead

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Prince's Band The Revolution Announces Reunion Shows

Prince's backing band the Revolution will reunite for performances following the singer's unexpected death on Thursday.

The group announced the news in a Facebook video post with members Brown Mark, Bobby Z., Wendy Melvoin, Lisa Coleman and Matt "Doctor" Fink.

"We have decided after spending three or four days together now grieving over the loss of Prince that we would like to come out and do some shows," Melvoin said, speaking for the band. "We want to let you know that we'll be there soon, so we want to let you know now."

No more specific details have been announced yet.

The band backed Prince starting in Minneapolis in 1979 but was not officially named the Revolution until 1984's 1999. In 1983, Melvoin replaced original guitarist, Dez Dickerson. The group was joined by members of The Family (which included members of the Time) in 1985 and ultimately disbanded in 1986, following the Hit n Run — Parade Tour, with reunion shows following -- both with and without Prince.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ … hows-video

--------

This is in bad taste IMO. At least wait until his ashes are cold. I always wondered if Prince would eventually do this reunion but them considering it days after his death is a bit much.

They're cashing in. Prince is the hottest thing in music right now globally, including GN'R.

No better time to cash in on the man's death...

Pathetic

Btw, RIP Prince. You were always one of coolest, chillest, bravest human beings in the music industry. They killed you. They always do.

RIP man

Board footer