You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Is this a good idea? I mean, GNR just got back together and he's talking about replacing Brian long-term.

Slash is still doing Conspirators stuff. Duff has other projects going on too. Why can't Axl do the same?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I want him in AC/DC long term. It means they'll do an album. Angus likes to whip up big albums for big tours. Axl's discography is too small for how talented he is. Multitask and do albums in both situations. he seems to be having a blast and taking it seriously. He's back on top again so no more pussyfooting around. He's got a free pass for 2016 but beyond that he is going to need new material for the general public to sink its teeth into and to keep both machines going forward.

The AC/DC situation is very interesting. If this goes over really well with the general public, they could whip up a new GH that has Axl on lead vocals and it'll sell like hot cakes and have two huge fan bases lapping it up.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Is this a good idea? I mean, GNR just got back together and he's talking about replacing Brian long-term.

Slash is still doing Conspirators stuff. Duff has other projects going on too. Why can't Axl do the same?

He can and probably will. If the silent eras are over and I believe they are, he can have a normal career from here on out. Cornell juggles Soundgarden and his solo career and releases albums in both situations. Time for Axl to do the same.

IMO he regrets how much time was spent running in place with Chinese and is going to make up for lost time. He knows the world has missed him and is delivering the goods they always knew he had in him.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Given the good mood Axl is in and the amount of publicity he is doing for AC/DC, I am starting to think GN'R has a gag order from the promoters and not from Axl. Considering the amount of money at stake, I guess I wouldn't blame the promoters for not wanting any of them to open their mouths and possibly create tension with the other band members.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

There is no way promoters would ask GNR to remain silent and not promote the shows. Their interests are served by GNR being as present as possible in the media, if they have any type of spat it would only serve to increase the hype: "See it before it fails".

As for Axl being in both bands, Angus has written the lyrics for last four Ac/Dc albums - so a new Album with Axl wouldn't be a creative challenge for Axl - and much like appearing on Baz's album - it's something he could do with relative ease. Still Ac/Dc tend to wait at least 4-5 years between albums these days - so it would be unusual for anything to drop before about 2019.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462uMHi0mgI

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

It's amazing the change in Axl since the 2014 gigs, he really does look ten years younger.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think it is awesome and cool and Axl sounds AMAZING. But let's hope this is short term because GNR needs to write and record their own album. If this was the CD lineup, hell yeah, do AC/DC, but no, you got Slash and Duff back. Do a real GNR album and REHEARSE with your own band you dummy. It pisses me off he does press and rehearses with AC/DC but not GNR. At 54 he is finally figuring out how to be in a real band. Slash has wanted to run his band like AC/DC since the beginning and Axl scoffed at rehearsals etc. But in AC/DC he finally realizes the benefit?? Haha. You can't make this shit up

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe the simplicity of AC/DC will make Axl want Adler and Izzy back in.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

That video above posted by WARose... Just incredible.

Axl has not sounded that good since the late 1980s.

I am in disbelief here.

Board footer