You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

Smoking Guns wrote:

It is really amazing how fucking good he sounds. Shows rehearsals work!

Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:

Does anyone know if there will be a stream tonight? I'm guessing there won't be an official one anyway

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

There is no way promoters would ask GNR to remain silent and not promote the shows. Their interests are served by GNR being as present as possible in the media, if they have any type of spat it would only serve to increase the hype: "See it before it fails"..

Why do GNR need to promote shows when their tickets are selling like Wonka bars containing golden tickets? Only reason to promote would be if each stadium started building new sections for more seats and since second shows are having to be added due to the insane demand, those tickets would sell with no promo anyways.

Everyone knows they are back but you want them to announce they are back? When 80 year old grandmas know you're back, you don't need to do extra promo.

As for Axl being in both bands, Angus has written the lyrics for last four Ac/Dc albums - so a new Album with Axl wouldn't be a creative challenge for Axl - and much like appearing on Baz's album - it's something he could do with relative ease. Still Ac/Dc tend to wait at least 4-5 years between albums these days - so it would be unusual for anything to drop before about 2019

Considering the age of all involved, I doubt we have to wait until 2019 for a new AC/DC album.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Does anyone have a link to all those Angus/Axl/Cliff interviews or the whole thing in one piece?

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1rmxPBgOjQjGN

Jesus H. Chist, Axl is back, kids.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

There is no way promoters would ask GNR to remain silent and not promote the shows. Their interests are served by GNR being as present as possible in the media, if they have any type of spat it would only serve to increase the hype: "See it before it fails"..

Why do GNR need to promote shows when their tickets are selling like Wonka bars containing golden tickets? Only reason to promote would be if each stadium started building new sections for more seats and since second shows are having to be added due to the insane demand, those tickets would sell with no promo anyways.

Everyone knows they are back but you want them to announce they are back? When 80 year old grandmas know you're back, you don't need to do extra promo.

The don't need to promote shows - but it's a very long way from that to a promoter actively forbidding them from giving interviews - which is what was suggested by someone.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The don't need to promote shows - but it's a very long way from that to a promoter actively forbidding them from giving interviews - which is what was suggested by someone.

If the promoter knew how big demand is and they damn well knew the level of tension between the band members at one point (not to mention Axl's volatility), is it really that shocking to think they might be under a gag order? Promoters are putting a lot of money on the line for this thing. Axl's mood this entire year (very happy) and his behavior with AC/DC doesn't suggest to me that he is afraid to speak. That's why I am starting to believe it's a big "cover your ass" thing from the promoters to make sure nothing gets miscommunicated between the band members in public.

AtariLegend wrote:

Part of their charm offensive to get sales to pick up for the rest of the tour.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

If the promoter knew how big demand is and they damn well knew the level of tension between the band members at one point (not to mention Axl's volatility), is it really that shocking to think they might be under a gag order? Promoters are putting a lot of money on the line for this thing. Axl's mood this entire year (very happy) and his behavior with AC/DC doesn't suggest to me that he is afraid to speak. That's why I am starting to believe it's a big "cover your ass" thing from the promoters to make sure nothing gets miscommunicated between the band members in public.

I don't envisage promoters engaging the same in-depth theories on why GNR fall apart as we fans do. We might speculate that the band will fall apart again when Axl takes offence at a badly phrased remark from Slash, but I think promoter will look at it more like "Can the band be professional or not? Can Axl sing the songs properly or not? Will they show up or not? Will they persist in late starts/running over time/canceled dates" Basically, do they have their shit together as an A-grade professional act, or not.

However aside from that my major problem with your theory is what happened the past three decades. In the whole of nu-GNR Axl did no interviews except for what - one with loader, two with del james, and two with eddie trunk? That's like 5 media appearances in 23 years or something, maybe there's a handful of others I've forgotten but you get my point - they're rare as fuck and there were no promoters hassling Axl to keep silent in 2001, 2009 etc etc. I think he just flat out doesn't trust the media, and doesn't care to do interviews, and is usually in a situation where he can do as he pleases. This Ac/Dc thing is only different as it's Angus at the helm.

Board footer