You are not logged in. Please register or login.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: 7/5/16 Lisbon, Portugal AC/DC (First Show With Axl)

skippy wrote:

I don't give a shit if Axl is dressed like Jimmy Buffett.  As long as he is happy, and wants to perform like he has been.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I love how he altered his voice when doing Bon Scott material. Fantastic renditions.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

On a broader level, it's quite human to hide away into the hat and many others have done it, as APE said.
axl-rose-2010-03.jpg
Early 2010. Confidence. Aging with grace. A great jacket.

Note those huge rocks for rings. His latest fad has since developed into excessive jewelry. Amusingly, in the AC/DC interviews, any sleight of hand of his sounds like a friggin maracas. His choice, again, but you'd think they're less than practical on stage.

Another thing entirely from the above are the hat and the glasses. He was definitely hiding with them in 2011-14 and was also perhaps a bit embarrassed by his gut. Hence, big leather jackets - which must be hell to wear through a set, with all those lights and pyros. Costume change is understandable if you're drenched in sweat by all those layers you insist upon.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think 2000-2001 he was preparing his look for the album's release and tour, once he knew it wasn't happening "soon" he literally dressed generically casual for the tours. He was cultivating a look:
D54.jpg?3912
Axl8.jpg

Axl3.jpg

AxlRobin2.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYD5wk4GQTY7mHWdsxwheeqsbDTeva3OtiJXvQ5ZxP75gCf5Ij

mhvvad.jpg
axl20hecho20pelota.jpg

CSS 2.0

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Only Axl Rose could go through transformations like the ones above and come out looking like this four years later:

9940d8eb06641f44091968be7d472104.jpg

I wonder what he will pull out of the bag next, after the last seven years of his "current" look. Must be more to come.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think 2000-2001 he was preparing his look for the album's release and tour, once he knew it wasn't happening "soon" he literally dressed generically casual for the tours.

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I wonder what he will pull out of the bag next, after the last seven years of his "current" look. Must be more to come.

The next step, if there'll be one, would like tie up with a new album. He's still in 'hard rock nostalgia' mode and the added confidence could just make him hark back to 2010 with less stuff on to begin with. That'd follow through the same idea with more practicality.

If he get serious on an album, he'll soon look the part. Just how it is.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck the look. Who gives a shit. The 2006 look was killer as was the Troubador gig. Go with that and record some stuff!

CSS 2.0

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Let us move on then.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

2016 makes  2006 seem less impressive to me now. I(like many others) used to pipe dream that 2006 Axl should go back in time and do the 2002 tour to make it worth it.

To hell with that. I'll take 2016 Axl right now over all others and just keep on trucking. It's like he forgot his prime was a lifetime ago and is ready to kick the world's ass all over again. He has a confidence that was lacking during the CD saga. Don't care how cool he looked in 2006, he's better now.

I'm with ID....he was getting ready for a legit comeback in 2001 but it fell apart(fuck you Iovine, Ezrin, etc.). After things fell apart again in 2002 and the lull over the next four years, I don't think he gave a rat's patootie about the project. Its why it got morphed into a nostalgia act.

His voice is so good now he needs to get it on tape whether its GNR, AC/DC, or both.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

His voice is so good now he needs to get it on tape whether its GNR, AC/DC, or both.

Yeah...as cool as the recent GNR tour was...I think the absolute priority for GNR should be to record new songs and move forward.

I mean the recent shows kicked ass, but it was kinda like a re-do of the UYI tour (Attitude, Godfather, Coma, DTJ) which was beyond welcome after 10 years of re-doing the AFD era over and over.

However what this band desperately needs is new material, and then we can start a real new era of post-CD stuff.

Board footer