You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

apex-twin wrote:

Baz has taken a lot of flack lately. A review of his May Day show in Atlanta.

After another set of sleepy tracks including a really, again, off key rendition of “18 & Life”, the real show stopper was “I Remember You.” Not because it was good but because it was such a train wreck. Guitarist Brent Woods evidently thought it would be cool to have his roadie put his electric guitar on him just in time for the intro to go electric.

In other words, he did the acoustic part and then his roadie came out and put an electric on him to try and make a cool transition but his acoustic was on a stand and blocking the pedals so he couldn’t get to the pedals to go electric in time and was scurrying like a frantic rat trying to get out of a maze to get to his pedals. We were literally doubled over and laughing hysterically.

Then things took a turn for the even funnier when during “Slave to the Grind” the Bachster totally whacked himself in the head while swinging his microphone. I mean, really? This show is absolutely a total amateur hour.  Spinal Tap revisited.

Of course, Baz took it to social media, where he lashed out at the reviewer and other people who shared the original review.

Too bad he has to shoot his mouth to such a degree, as he just comes out looking like a douche.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Lol, poor Bach. Great review. Journo's are too positive these days.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Probably Foo Fighters.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Probably Foo Fighters.

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n … ening-act/

I can actually imagine it being Them Crooked Vultures.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I really doubt Josh Homme will open for Axl again...could be wrong I guess...but I'm sure we all remember the Eagles of Death Metal fiasco

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

AIC just announced some dates this summer so it looks like we can rule them out sad

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I really doubt Josh Homme will open for Axl again...could be wrong I guess...but I'm sure we all remember the Eagles of Death Metal fiasco

Except one of them (Josh or Jessie, not sure) was at one of the recent GN'R shows.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Jesse Hughes was at the Troubadour. Homme doesn't tour with EODM.

Besides... It was ten years ago.

Things change.

Who would have thought that Dave and Axl would make amends?

Not to mention the reunion with Slash.

I'm not necessarily saying that either of them are going to open for Guns N' Roses but who knows what could happen in the end.

My personal dream would be another (done right this time around) co-headlining tour with Metallica in the future - Hetfield has hinted about the possibility when asked during the past years, if ever the timing was deemed to be right.

Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:

They might as well co-headline with Ac/Dc. Would at least keep Axl busy

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Niterain wrote:

They might as well co-headline with Ac/Dc. Would at least keep Axl busy

A pipe dream no doubt but technically its feasible. Both bands could have a condensed set and the GNR set could feature a few more songs with Duff singing. As long as they perform the main hits(Jungle, SCOM, PC, NR) the crowd will go home happy.

Board footer