You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

CSS 2.0 wrote:

This was one of Brian Johnson's last shows with AC/DC:

You can tell that he isn't well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. Goddamn. He is in no shape to be singing. Axl took him to school big time on Thunderstruck. The AC/DC fans bitching about Axl joining must have been more deaf than Brian is.

I could sing that better than him and I cant sing worth a shit.

1:42- 2:02

Tour should've stopped right after that.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I don't think Brian sounds too bad there, really, for his age and circumstance. I will give him the benefit of the doubt until the end because there is no guarantee he didn't just have an off night. No matter how he sounds, 20 000+ real fans would show up, so it's moot.

But, I'll tell you this, when I saw AC/DC in Winnipeg in September, 2015, they were fucking on spot amazing.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think Axl is kicking ass fronting Ac/Dc but lets not start taking shots at Brian he was already deaf when that video was taken and he has been amazing for decades now.

The man is also FOURTEEN YEARS older than Axl.

Tell me how Axl will go singing it in 2030 ?

This is how Brian did at the start of the tour when he was the age axl will be in 1.5 decades from now or so

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think Axl is kicking ass fronting Ac/Dc but lets not start taking shots at Brian he was already deaf when that video was taken and he has been amazing for decades now.

This is how Brian did at the start of the tour when he was the age axl will be in 1.5 decades from now or so

That was amazing. What a great band!! I love Brian!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

He sounds better in that Grammy video than a lot of the 2009 River Plate show. Seems he has had plenty of ups and downs over the years, regardless of age.

Axl is the same way. Ups and downs. Wouldn't surprise me if a 67-68 year old Axl sounds better than he did with some of the Mickey Mouse disasters in the Chinese D touring era.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Yeah guys, like I said, Brian was awesome in Winnipeg September of last year. Let's pay respect instead of digging graves. There's enough of that out there. We're supposed to be those who appreciate the ol' boys and are better than that.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wow. Goddamn. He is in no shape to be singing. Axl took him to school big time on Thunderstruck. The AC/DC fans bitching about Axl joining must have been more deaf than Brian is.

I could sing that better than him and I cant sing worth a shit.

1:42- 2:02

Tour should've stopped right after that.

Axl should have retired at Rio, 2011... Come on James, you know better than this. Brian usually always delivered for the past 36 years.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Here's another one where Axl sounds great

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I did not post that video to mock Brian but rather to showcase how his lack of hearing and subsequent pain was clearly starting to affect him.

It is a crying shame. I feel very sorry for him.

The guy is a living legend who deserves a better ending than the one he has seemingly been given.

Board footer