You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its why Stevie Nicks had roadies blow the coke up her asshole. She didn't want it to fuck with her vocals.

For people who don't realize James is being literal, this has become a big fad with young women nowadays.
http://www.barstoolsports.com/philadelp … d-of-nsfw/

NSFW!

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I feel super bad for Brian because he's gonna be pushed out. In my perfect world, Angus and the boys would contribute heavily to any solo album he pursues in the future as a gesture of thanks to the fans and Brian himself. From there, if Axl is in AC/DC, it basically guarantees new Axl material, which is more than I trust from him on his own. Angus writes everything anyways, so Axl should just have to sing in the studio and tour. Even if Angus handed over lyrics to Axl (I hope - he's just a better songwriter), I can't imagine Axl having to rack his brain too hard over AC/DC bar rock songs. Then if we get Axl put to real work in Guns, we're getting the best of all worlds. When Axl is with AC/DC, Slash and Duff could hopefully do some work with Myles, and hopefully time away from one another keeps Axl and Slash on good terms.

In this scenario, everyone wins, though Brian gets the shit end of the stick. I don't know of any other good solution for a guy who medically can't do it, though. The downtime of touring with AC/DC doesn't exactly help Guns, but I can't fault anyone for wanting to be the singer of AC/DC, too. AC/DC has quite a few lulls in their touring schedule, so hopefully Axl could focus on writing in between. Well organized, I think it could be pulled off from all parties.

It might come down to whether or not Slash wants to wait around, but as long as he was free to do his solo projects and tour that, I'm gonna assume he'd play ball. I wouldn't mind seeing Slash/Myles open for AC/DC too. That'd be cool. I can't imagine Slash solo gigs selling THAT many tickets, but I don't know.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Well, Malcolm was the co songwriter with Angus, and what I've read about the last album, the songs were preexisting songs from other albums that Angus put together. If Axl made an album with them I'd be surprised if he wasn't involved in the writing.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well, Malcolm was the co songwriter with Angus, and what I've read about the last album, the songs were preexisting songs from other albums that Angus put together. If Axl made an album with them I'd be surprised if he wasn't involved in the writing.

In the case of the "Rock or Bust" album I wonder if all the songs were that old. Malcolm was definitely credited as co-writer on every track but I also wonder the extent to which that was a respectful/traditional credit.

I remember reading an interview with Angus around the time Malcolm was forced to retire and he was describing how it was always Malcolm's band. Angus said that he himself would come up with riffs sometimes and play them for Malcolm and the ones Malcolm liked he'd say "Remember that, I think there's something in that one" etc.

I guess it's not hard to believe that over 30 years they could have an album worth of spare tracks around ready to go. Just we know that Malcolm was starting to struggle even during the black ice tour.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was shocked Axl said he's willing to go further with AC/DC, like I interpret that to mean being a full time member.

Yeah I was thinking the other day - how would we react if after the reunion tour Axl just retired GNR and was Ac/Dc exclusive.

Obviously it would suck as GNR is my favourite band....but I also could vaguely imagine it happening, the GNR struggles seemed to bring him a lot of angst over the years. In Ac/Dc there might not be the same pressure to write (given the band didn't always make Brian write), and he could enjoy the process more without all the pressures of leadership etc. On top he'd remain just as sucesssful/famous - if not more so.

It's kinda bizarre world but I could see it happening. Unless the band decides to work on a new album...I can see a world in which he might just consider GNR finished.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Since Axl owns the GNR name, it'd really be beneficial to him to keep trekking in that direction, but you never know. Monkeychow's idea above about Axl just going AC/DC sounds ludicrous at first, but when you stop and think, if he has more fun just having a good time and being paid well by AC/DC, plus the regular monetizing of the Guns brand, that could be a nice life right there without question and he could do further huge reunion gigs at the drop of a hat. This is further emphasized by the fact that albums make no money anymore to begin with. Realistically, Rock or Bust wasn't needed for AC/DC's tour, but it's the traditional way of doing things, which is how Angus likes it.

I do think Axl will want to get more of his songs out there, especially since he must have a vault deep with ideas that could be easily released re-worked with Slash & crew. Guys like Slash need to keep creating new music, I don't really know if Axl has ever had that need. I think in theory he'd like to, but when a man has one album released in the last 23 years, well, the proof is right there. With Chinese being 8 years (!) in the past by now and not really a peep about a new album, I have my reservations.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah the AC/DC thing thickens the plot tremendously. I said 2016 would tell us all we need to know as far as new music goes for 2017 and beyond. If the focus becomes outside projects, lean towards new material coming in that direction.

2016 is the year that the general public gets reintroduced to GNR. They are also being introduced into a world with Axl as the lead singer of AC/DC. He has so many options at this point. The label will now want to play ball and capitalize on this huge buzz. Does he consider anything from the Chinese sessions relevant at this juncture? Will he want to create something new or just let the label whip up a new compilation while he goes down the highway to hell with Angus?

I never would have dreamed he'd be in a position to move forward with two bands.

misterID

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was shocked Axl said he's willing to go further with AC/DC, like I interpret that to mean being a full time member.

Yeah I was thinking the other day - how would we react if after the reunion tour Axl just retired GNR and was Ac/Dc exclusive.

Obviously it would suck as GNR is my favourite band....but I also could vaguely imagine it happening, the GNR struggles seemed to bring him a lot of angst over the years. In Ac/Dc there might not be the same pressure to write (given the band didn't always make Brian write), and he could enjoy the process more without all the pressures of leadership etc. On top he'd remain just as sucesssful/famous - if not more so.

It's kinda bizarre world but I could see it happening. Unless the band decides to work on a new album...I can see a world in which he might just consider GNR finished.

Yeah, but they take like 8 years between albums. Granted, Axl could possibly inject some youth and life in them and it inspires them to do something, but it's also quite possible Angus will shut AC/DC down after this tour. But you never know. Axl has his own vault of music to release and it will be a mint with Slash playing on them, where he makes way more than whatever he's getting with Ac/Dc. The future is totally open. Very curious times.

Could anyone imagine Axl could be the front man for the two biggest rock bands in the world?? Holy shit... Everyone wrote him off a year ago and now he's literally the biggest rock star on the planet again. Even in my biggest 02 line up mark out days I never thought that was possible. I'd just hope he'd be invited to the party as a respected elder statesman... Now he's King Badass. Awesome shit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its why Stevie Nicks had roadies blow the coke up her asshole. She didn't want it to fuck with her vocals.

For people who don't realize James is being literal, this has become a big fad with young women nowadays.
http://www.barstoolsports.com/philadelp … d-of-nsfw/

NSFW!

WOOD, hit it..... Nice ASS!

Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:

Hehe. Weird, but I guess it would work. I wouldn't mind being a full time ass blower

Board footer