You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: GILBY On GUNS N' ROSES Reunion: 'I'm Happy That The Guys Are Back"

polluxlm wrote:

No one is ever like "Hey, Radio guy put some Gilby Clarke on man."

Not the same band? Counting original members it's the exact same band Gilby was a part of.

I guess he wanted to give a vague answer and ended up looking like a fool instead. Of course you'd be a part of this.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I agree he'd most likely jump if asked.

But I also think there's not much else he could have said.

If he said that he would love to do it and didn't get the call it would come off as sad and desperate like how people complain about Adler needing to realise the past is over.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't get all the hate for Gilby and Matt. It's like we're actively looking for someone to hate now that Slash and Axl are friendly again. I guess we just need something to bitch about.

I choose the people bitching about things that don't matter.

I call Melissa...

In all seriousness though, you are correct.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am a huge Matt and Gilby fan!  I don't get the hate either.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

My post wasn't meant to come across as "hate". I just don't get the point of the approach he took. If he's already been told behind closed doors they have no plans to ever bring him in....ok.....makes a little more sense.

No matter who is in the lineup, I don't understand why he cant take the time to watch a 5 minute video. Did he never watch any of the previous lineups or listen to Chinese Democracy? He wasn't in those lineups either. THis is THE music story of 2016 yet he's not the least bit curious.

Like polluxlm pointed out, the same amount of original members are in the band now as there were in 92-93....so other than the fact HE isn't involved at the moment....what's the problem? Its the UYI lineup with Fortus and Melissa. How did he feel about the lineup that contained his actual replacement and a guy wearing a KFC bucket on his head?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

That's another thing, all these guys saying they "care" so much, and they haven't even bothered to hit up a video on youtube. Would take them 15 seconds, and these are former band members for christ sake. Not like they're just old washups looking for a headline.

Which obviously suggests to me that they don't care much at all, they just pretend so when the media comes knocking.

Board footer