You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

johndivney wrote:

Aye makes sense they'd follow the sun n head south for the winter/their summer.
If it is the case then some people r gonna be upset they won't be heading into the studio..

Who knows about studio material.   They haven't said anything so at this point there is no reason to have any expectations.    In the year 2016, a lot of these old bands simply stopped caring about putting out new songs because they usually can't recapture the magic they had when they were younger and music doesn't sell like it used to.    GnR is a nostalgia act.  Has been for a long time.   

New music is a bonus.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

We hold GNR to a higher standard. I expect new music. Period.

johndivney wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Aye makes sense they'd follow the sun n head south for the winter/their summer.
If it is the case then some people r gonna be upset they won't be heading into the studio..

Who knows about studio material.   They haven't said anything so at this point there is no reason to have any expectations.    In the year 2016, a lot of these old bands simply stopped caring about putting out new songs because they usually can't recapture the magic they had when they were younger and music doesn't sell like it used to.    GnR is a nostalgia act.  Has been for a long time.   

New music is a bonus.

I agree.
http://youtu.be/3A-uqCSKmcU

That slide guitar tho..

Smoking Guns wrote:

I hold them to a much, much lower standard..
I expect them to run the cash grab reunion into the ground then retire.. Optimistic as ever..

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:

One album in over 20 years.  Yea, high standards.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

One album in over 20 years.  Yea, high standards.

Yes but Slash and Duff are back. So I expect SOMETHING!!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Here's the standard I hold them to....if there's not even an inkling of new material by the end of 2017, we're not getting any. Period.

I understand why we aren't getting an album in 2016. If this is anything more than a nostalgia gravy train, we'll get something in 2017.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I think we'll get new music. I find it difficult to believe that they'd come this far (getting back together) and not create new music. Slash and Duff always seem to be creating something, even if Axl is not.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Here's the standard I hold them to....if there's not even an inkling of new material by the end of 2017, we're not getting any. Period.

I understand why we aren't getting an album in 2016. If this is anything more than a nostalgia gravy train, we'll get something in 2017.

Yes although don't forget the 2 year Axl Buffer wink

Album was re-done with Bumble in 2006, released in 2008.

Axl was done with nu-GNR in 2014 - reunion 2016....

One approach would be to tour this year on the reunion alone, then drop a follow up new-album to keep the flame burning in 2017...which means that we can expect it to actually happen circa late 2019 wink wink

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

You guys overuse "Period." more than anyone else I've ever met.

Let me drop some science... Axl/DC is the best chance you have at new material. Period.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

He sounded awesome there! I'm thinking of buying tickets to the Dusseldorf show, which is only an hour and 40 minutes from where I live. Tickets still available, at 110 euros a piece. It's also the last stop of the European tour, so perhaps they'll give it their best.

Board footer