You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

sandman wrote:

in the last few days there have been a bunch of announcements. now that more bands schedules are finalized, maybe they can lock someone up soon. we're only just over 4 weeks away from the Cincy date.

and there are a few shows in that stretch that are not selling well. I'm hoping they bring in a major act to help move those tix and that they play all 5 shows (including the philly show).

my dream would be Ghost (taking all "major" acts like metallica out of the equation). and their current tour schedule lines up perfectly with the 5 dates between July 6 and July 16. Ghost plays a festival in Finland on July 2, and then plays Heaven and Hell in Mexico on July 23.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

Smoking Guns wrote:
sandman wrote:

in the last few days there have been a bunch of announcements. now that more bands schedules are finalized, maybe they can lock someone up soon. we're only just over 4 weeks away from the Cincy date.

and there are a few shows in that stretch that are not selling well. I'm hoping they bring in a major act to help move those tix and that they play all 5 shows (including the philly show).

my dream would be Ghost (taking all "major" acts like metallica out of the equation). and their current tour schedule lines up perfectly with the 5 dates between July 6 and July 16. Ghost plays a festival in Finland on July 2, and then plays Heaven and Hell in Mexico on July 23.

Maybe ticket sales would be better if Axl was out promoting GNR instead of AC/DC and Slash and Duff didn't have a gag order on them.

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

Sky Dog wrote:

Gag order? Come on Smoking! Those three had to agree on what they are doing Guns wise. Don't blame Axl.

bigbri
 Rep: 333 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

bigbri wrote:

Ghost was my choice from the start, but it makes too much sense.

PaSnow
 Rep: 203 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

PaSnow wrote:

Chilli Peppers would be a decent choice imho, about the right size band recognition they've got (matching Kravitz, AIC level).  Looks like they're on tour tho.

Wonder who it'll be tho.

James
 Rep: 627 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

James wrote:

Yeah the sales for those added dates are brutal. I think it was a mistake to add them. There were no issues until they got too ambitious.

If those few stadiums are going to be empty, maybe give Cornell a call and see if Soundgarden would be willing to open those few dates. Wouldn't help me any as I don't live in those areas but it would help move an extra 10-15k tickets easily.

I doubt it happens though. We wont see Soundgarden again until they have an album in stores. They also joked a bit about CD during an interview that is no longer on the net so they might hold that against them.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

PaSnow wrote:

Chilli Peppers would be a decent choice imho, about the right size band recognition they've got (matching Kravitz, AIC level).  Looks like they're on tour tho.

Wonder who it'll be tho.

I think Chili Peppers are a little bit bigger than AIC..  probably not opening for Guns.    And they aren't as good without John anyway.

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah the sales for those added dates are brutal. I think it was a mistake to add them. There were no issues until they got too ambitious.

If those few stadiums are going to be empty, maybe give Cornell a call and see if Soundgarden would be willing to open those few dates. Wouldn't help me any as I don't live in those areas but it would help move an extra 10-15k tickets easily.

I doubt it happens though. We wont see Soundgarden again until they have an album in stores. They also joked a bit about CD during an interview that is no longer on the net so they might hold that against them.

regardless of the opening act, I agree it was a mistake to add some of these second dates prior to the tour even starting. However, it is not our job to do the promoters and the bands job. They will figure it out and have done a helluva job up to this point.

James
 Rep: 627 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

James wrote:

I agree that no mistakes were made putting the shindig together. Other than fan complaints about lack of interviews, they couldn't have done a better job had they tried.

I do think they should have had all opening acts in place before the announcements but with so many bands already touring, it would've been difficult to impossible. I actually have no problem with ZERO opening acts and IMO the tour was easily selling itself as just GNR....the problems came when adding those few extra dates. I don't think GNR deserve any blame for it. Its likely promoters just wanting to milk the cash cow bone dry before its even producing the milk.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

Smoking Guns wrote:

Chris Stapleton is opening for Nashville.

So we got
AIC
LENNY
THE CULT
CHRIS STAPLETON

I will probably get Skrillex at the Atlanta show.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB