You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: American girls

DCK wrote:

I'll conclude first.

I love American girls. Not ALL. Of course. BUT!

They are easy going, easy to talk to, they don't go awkward if you ask them out for dinner, they are polite and they simply rock.
Well, not all. Just saying. I just told an American friend of mine the same, and she said her British boyfriend said the same.

So anyway, after a tough six months I decided to do a bit of solo travel so had a stop in a Norwegian city on the west coast. I was getting a little fed up, a little lonely after many days alone and my mind started to wander off a little. I decided to get a good look at the city from a mountain top. Going up a steep hill in a cable car I noticed this girl. She saw quickly I was staring so I pulled my eyes off her. She was lovely though. She sat by me all the way to the top, but I didn't say anything - which I should have. It's like someone placed her there for me; "you wanted someone to talk to, here you go, I just offered you a pretty girl!".

So I didn't speak to her and got annoyed over that. Went down from the mountain again and saw the girl going on the same cable car as me, but I didn't get the chance to talk.

I sat down in a pub and drank a pint and read. I had booked tickets for this 3,5 hour cruise so I just waited that out. Boarding the boat, guess who was in front of me in line. So, I was given another chance, and I didn't waste it this time. She was American, alone traveling out of Oslo, but from Atlanta. She looked like Kelly McGillis from Top Gun, just a whole lot better. At the end of the cruise, I asked her out for dinner. She said yes. Had the best conversation for like five hours. Drank Guinness while watching Wales beat the shit out of Belgium. She loved Guinness and German wheatbeer. Aspiring dentist. Brains, looks, a great conversationist. I love American girls. If I ever try to strike up conversation here, local girls simply answer in an awkward, shy way. There's no way of knowing what they want. It is so much easier with these girls from the States. I'm not going the distance relationship - move to a different country please - road again, but if I was to pick a nationality of girls would I like to be with - it would be American girls.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Great story. Glad you got that third chance.....usually you don't even get a second chance in those types of situations.

Since going to the hospital, doctors, and the pharmacy the past couple weeks it reminded me of an incident in 99 which bummed me out even more and is an example for this thread.

I was at a clinic to get pain pills and antibiotics at their pharmacy. I had just had a tooth extracted. This young blonde chick was all over me like flies on shit while I was standing there waiting for my prescription to be filled. Flirting like crazy but I wasn't in the mood to be chatting since I just had dental work done. Made small talk with her briefly and once they called my name, I got my meds and got the hell out of there. Once I was in my car about to leave, I started rethinking the situation I had just found myself in. Under no circumstances would anyone have turned her down or walked away yet I had just did that exact thing. I went back inside and she was gone. I waited awhile in case she had just went to another area of the clinic.

I never saw her again. 17 years later I can still see her face and how happy she was. As I get older I look back more on these types of situations than I do any flings I had.

Yes....American girls are awesome.  I am really into the average, kinda shy, all american girl next door types. They don't realize how amazing they really are.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great story!  Maybe I will call her when I am in Atlanta for the Guns show lol.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

From what I hear American girls are easy to meet, hard to live with.

Still better than Norwegian girls of course, who are both hard to meet and hard to live with. 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

From what I hear American girls are easy to meet, hard to live with.

Still better than Norwegian girls of course, who are both hard to meet and hard to live with. 16

I sense personal experience there my friend.

But yep, American girls are easy to meet, easy to talk to. I instantly knew it was different when I was in Texas in 2001. At that point I had been with like one Norwegian girl (who dumped me quick). At some mall, a girl just came up to me with her phone number. Same thing happened to my friend in New York last year. We were eating somewhere, and at the end of the meal, this hot thing just came over to my friend and gave him her phone number. Do you think that would happen in Scandinavia? No chance. No fucking chance.

I've tried to ask girls out here the past week. I've had a thing for someone I know for a long time. I give her all the pointers I know of. I even wrote her into my book - using her initials and even describing her. I'm like "you better read a bit in my book, you might find someone familiar in there", and she's like "thumbs up" on FB and never get back to it. I told her I had some unfinished feelings for her and she's like "alright?". I asked another one out and she never even replied. But with these American girls? No bullshit - straight to the point. "Sure! That sounds like fun!".

Like James says, these half-shy American next door neighbour girls. They have no idea how amazing they are.

Board footer