You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: 6/7/16 PAUL BROWN STADIUM, CINCINNATI, OH UNITED STATES

Furbush wrote:

I said it before, and I'll say it again...

Just have Steve learn all the songs. He'd do it in a week, and ask for next to no money. I'd bet he's already learned them. 16

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Dont know who I'm happier for, Steven for getting to play the gig or SG for finally being able to say "told ya so!" 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Will wrote:

Dont know who I'm happier for, Steven for getting to play the gig or SG for finally being able to say "told ya so!" 16

Thanks for your support, Will.... Lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Someone mentioned it on… YouTube, I think? Or one of the forums, or Reddit or somewhere: is this the first time Adler's played a GN'R gig without Izzy?

Great observation and its also the first time he has performed with Dizzy.

Let the new speculation begin.

You just don't do that and have it end there.

The corn will return.

Absolutely.

I have serious doubts they would even consider ditching Frank but this appearance does increase the chances of an AFD lineup shindig at some point in the future. The only AFD member to never perform with any hybrid lineup was Adler. That line has just been crossed.

I said it before, and I'll say it again...

Just have Steve learn all the songs.

If we get some AFD lineup anniversary show next year(or something similar) they could easily just perform AFD and Lies in their entirety and the crowd go home happy. The lineup wouldn't even have to touch any post 88 material.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Out to get me owns....always one of  my favorites.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I personally think they should have Adler play all the AFD tracks, Sorum do all the UYI stuff, and let Frank (or Brain if he wants to return) handle the CD stuff.

It would be the best of all worlds and it's not like they can't afford it!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I personally think they should have Adler play all the AFD tracks, Sorum do all the UYI stuff, and let Frank (or Brain if he wants to return) handle the CD stuff.

It would be the best of all worlds and it's not like they can't afford it!

It was be awesome if it ever happened, I doubt it would though, but I like to dream. Adler rocking Appetite, Sorum on You could be mine, DTJ, November rain, Estranged, Coma & kohd, frank on CD material.  As a drummer myself, it would be absolutely perfect.

And while Adler's there bust out Mama kin, nice boys or move to the city too, great rocking tracks.

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

it's not like they can't afford it!

I think you're underestimating Sorum's ego.

I also don't see why there'd be any logistical purpose to having 3 different drummers each night playing, unless it was a 1 off "farewell show". It's not like it would boost ticket sales.

It was cool Steven got his moment and will no doubt get more, but I don't see how anyone could really think Frank would be getting fired at this point like they're no doubt thinking on that other forum.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I agree with Atari....zero point in bringing three drummers on tour. It would look ridiculous and would just be a huge expense for the band. Would also increase the chance for drama and that's the last thing GNR need right now.

Baby steps.....

Board footer