You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 27/7/16 GEORGIA DOME, ATLANTA, GA UNITED STATES

Smoking Guns wrote:

georgia-dome-2.jpg?w=640

Capacity is about 75,000 for a football game, but I am unsure how many tickets are available for this event. The Georgia Dome had its largest overall attendance on record with a total of 80,892 attending the 2008 SEC championship game.  I think this is the first "Dome" show of the tour (not counting the Vegas shows in the basketball arena).  They started setting up on Sunday and finished Tuesday.  It takes 36 hours to erect the steel and 8 hours to set up lighting and the video boards.  16 man metal framing team, 125 members of the road crew with GNR that travels with the band and 125 local workers help assemble the stage and run the show.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

The scale is just in another world compared to the arena shows we got used to.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

https://themetalinitiative.files.wordpr … .jpg?w=640

Capacity is about 75,000 for a football game, but I am unsure how many tickets are available for this event. The Georgia Dome had its largest overall attendance on record with a total of 80,892 attending the 2008 SEC championship game.  I think this is the first "Dome" show of the tour (not counting the Vegas shows in the basketball arena).  They started setting up on Sunday and finished Tuesday.  It takes 36 hours to erect the steel and 8 hours to set up lighting and the video boards.  16 man metal framing team, 125 members of the road crew with GNR that travels with the band and 125 local workers help assemble the stage and run the show.

They played the SkyDome in Toronto, though I'm not sure if the roof was open or not.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Amazing show! Fuck me!! I guess second dome show of the tour.

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash....holy cow. My God, the world is right again. I literally can't believe how good he is now. My favorite Guns show ever...hands down. All of downtown Atlanta was Gnr shirts and people...make a puppy pull a freight train.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow...that's a bold statement coming from someone who saw them multiple times in their prime.

You're right about Slash.....imagine the potential when he was younger had he not been on drugs. I said this before...they somehow figured out a way to recapture their prime.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Slash....holy cow. My God, the world is right again. I literally can't believe how good he is now. My favorite Guns show ever...hands down. All of downtown Atlanta was Gnr shirts and people...make a puppy pull a freight train.

Bro... Welcome to my world. I tried to tell you about him when we last met. So glad you saw the light!!  It was an incredible show. It truly was. Slash is the most badass guitar player on the planet. He is the total package!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Skydog, I thought the crowd was great too! Was pretty packed, not sold out but very strong attendance!  I spent over $100 at the mercy stands. Haha

Board footer