You are not logged in. Please register or login.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: Was anybody at the Houston show?

skippy wrote:

I guess Axl stopped a song mid song for the first time on the tour?

Dizzy's or Melissa's keyboards making awful noise during november rain?

What was the vibe afterwards?

skippy

skippy wrote:

Upon rewatching, he seems to have found the whole thing comical.  Good to see.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

After that he sang with rage and killed it. The show was excellent except for catcher. Cather something was off. Rest of the show was killer.

chad4bama
 Rep: 2 

chad4bama wrote:

In the past, he might have stormed off and ended the show lol. 

It's odd why they seem determined to add more Chinese Democracy tracks...it's not like its a recent release that needs pushing.  I guess Axl probably thinks it was underappreciated or something...the title track and This I Love would be enough of a representation to me. 

That's my thought as I get back to watching my favorite Olympic event...women's beach volleyball.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
chad4bama wrote:

I guess Axl probably thinks it was underappreciated or something

Well, it was. I'm by no means a nu-GNR fanboy, but there is some very good material on the album and it never really got a fair hearing from the public. Some dude on a college football forum thought it was new music and I had to tell him it was from 2008. So there are still very casual GN'R fans out there who straight up never heard it or didn't know about it at the time and I believe Axl wants them to hear some of the music.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
chad4bama wrote:

I guess Axl probably thinks it was underappreciated or something

Well, it was. I'm by no means a nu-GNR fanboy, but there is some very good material on the album and it never really got a fair hearing from the public. Some dude on a college football forum thought it was new music and I had to tell him it was from 2008. So there are still very casual GN'R fans out there who straight up never heard it or didn't know about it at the time and I believe Axl wants them to hear some of the music.

Well what the fuck is the explanation about Seeker then?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

On iTunes Chinese Democracy is listed as the #3 top downloaded GNR album after Greatest Hits (#1) and AFD (#2), beating out Illusions and LIES. This I Love is ranked #19,  Better #28, Chinese Democracy #31, Sorry #37. TWAT was #75 behind Shackler's Revenge, Catcher and Madagascar. WTF?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Well what the fuck is the explanation about Seeker then?

Don't ask me. 16

Would rather see Don't Cry and Patience get played every night instead of alternating.

skippy

skippy wrote:

Yeah just watched the catcher video on youtube.

That was off too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

On iTunes Chinese Democracy is listed as the #3 top downloaded GNR album after Greatest Hits (#1) and AFD (#2), beating out Illusions and LIES. This I Love is ranked #19,  Better #28, Chinese Democracy #31, Sorry #37. TWAT was #75 behind Shackler's Revenge, Catcher and Madagascar. WTF?

INteresting. the top 40 songs on Itunes has shifted a bit in CD's favor since the tour started. NOt a coincidence it is the songs they are performing on the tour.

Board footer