You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Your favorite GN'R side-project?

Neemo wrote:

5 O'Clock is my fave

JuJu Hounds, pawnshop guitats and VGH are kick ass as well

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Both the vocals and guitars are assaulting you and not in a good way.

I didn't care for the style. Felt like Slash doing Metallica, Skynyrd, and Alice In Chains.

Maybe we just have different taste.

I don't really hear much Metallica in it, I guess perhaps "Lower" has a little AIC but it's really more of a bluesfest to me.

Do you like Slash's guitar style on AFD or UYI1 or are you more of a CD man?

I ask cos the guitar style he uses seems very similar to me on those 3 records.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Do you like Slash's guitar style on AFD or UYI1 or are you more of a CD man?

I ask cos the guitar style he uses seems very similar to me on those 3 records.

Yeah, I like Slash. I'm more of a Buckethead fan than a Slash fan but I still do enjoy him.

There were some good riffs on the record but none of it had a space to breathe. It was just bam bam bam. One thing I love about AFD and the VR stuff I like is there's good pacing.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I really like Duff's stuff circa 1996-2001. I mean, Neurotic Outsiders, Beautiful Disease and pre-VR Loaded era. it's so underrated and forgotten. yeah, of course I also like Believe In Me, but that album is much more "rock" than "punk rock" and everybody knows about it. the later stuff is much more obscure, but I like it even more. it has somewhat strange punkish mood, really hard to describe it. in the last days, the original version of Mezz from 10 Minute Warning just keeps playing in my head, with that grinding guitar riff. same about the original Seattle Head by Neurotic Outsiders. and then some moments from Episode 1999 Live. cool performance of Raw Power there.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Believe in me has alot of gnr member contributions as well

zombux

zombux wrote:

yes, maybe that's why it's much more famous and also more rock-ish than the following stuff smile

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Believe In Me was bad, really bad. Beautiful Disease was slightly better all in all, Duff is an average bassist at best and a mediocre songwriter.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I've listened to Loaded's Sick but that's it.

I'll have to check these out.

zombux

zombux wrote:

Sick is so-so. not a bad album, but definitely not better than the previous ones. the newer stuff is plain bad.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I actually think that Sick is Loaded's best album. Dark Days was a bore to me, while Sick has a lot of catchier tunes, and better overall

Neurotic Outsiders is killer too.

Board footer