You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Slash: Velvet Revolver Building Web Site To Audition Singers

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Why is everyone so negative? I see this as a chance to find some fresh blood what would really suit the band.

Because they're turning the process into a joke. Its an established band. Why are they one step away from a reality show with this?

Grab a kick ass singer and make a record. The world doesn't need to see the step by step process of VR picking a singer.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Why is everyone so negative? I see this as a chance to find some fresh blood what would really suit the band.

Because they're turning the process into a joke. Its an established band. Why are they one step away from a reality show with this?

Grab a kick ass singer and make a record. The world doesn't need to see the step by step process of VR picking a singer.

they're using the internet to find someone who they might click with. it's like an ad in the newspaper 20 years ago.

or would you rather have them take a friends friend - like some other guy we know did wink - and have an album out... never?

as long as they get a nice singer they can try everything in my book, except, as you said, the reality show.

What they are doing is keeping themselves in the publics eye while finding a singer rather then just drop out of sight until then.

I don't think this is a bad idea at all for them, keeps their name alive.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

In my opinion, they are on the verge of backlash territory. Joe Public has seen this movie before. It doesn't need to be seen again.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

What they are doing is keeping themselves in the publics eye while finding a singer rather then just drop out of sight until then.

I don't think this is a bad idea at all for them, keeps their name alive.

i agree 22

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I would rather see them just get the singer they want (or the best they can get) and be assertive and say "This it it, our new albumws being recorded this fall". On the other hand, I do like the idea of a gig with 'several different singers' because if one really shines, word might get out that they were an awesome fit. Who knows, it could be someone like Kravitz, Kid Rock, Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees) or anybody who steals the show.

I wouldn't mind seeing them do the album that way, but they aren't going to. Still it would give them a chance to work with singers who are currently in bands (Anthony Kiedes, Chris Robinson)

Why do they have to make it so overly complicated?

It's their decision, but I agree with James on this one.

With that said, I wish them good luck. I hope that it'll turn out good for everyone involved.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I see the website as a way of communicating with their fans and keeping us updated on the progress, which is a positive  for the survival of the band and brand - i'd prefer it to them auditioning in secret and basicly disapearing for 12 months or more then suddenly reapearing.

I dont see it as like the reality tv thing at all. I mean realisticly - how do u go about finding people for any band - there's 2 options - networking and advetising for applications. They've already tried most of the netwrking connections they have. Makes sence to advertise.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I emailed a link of the story to Chris Shinn. But honestly, I don't think this is a great idea. Maybe it'll work, but it seems like it'll only take longer.

For those of you who paid attention to GN'R and VR back when The Project started up - did anyone guess that Scott Weiland would or should be their lead singer, or was it a total surprise?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I didn't see it comming, it always seemed an odd matchup to me.

Board footer