You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Ideal Setlist Part 1: Don't Cry vs. Patience

bigbri wrote:

Has Don't Damn Me ever been played live? It popped up on my playlist this morning, and man it kicks ten tons of ass!

Which would you prefer?

Don't Cry 62%
Patience 38%
Total votes: 29
esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Has Don't Damn Me ever been played live? It popped up on my playlist this morning, and man it kicks ten tons of ass!

"It was never played because there was too many words" -Slash

Source

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Source

I can see that. Same with TWAT. It's just a bunch of singing until the solo.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

bigbri wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Source

I can see that. Same with TWAT. It's just a bunch of singing until the solo.

It's like doing the "You can take the pity so far" bit from YCBM for the whole song, with no opportunities to take a breath; you can see why they'd shy away from doing it live...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Patience to me has been kind of... eh... since they had the Imagine medley in 1993.

I thought it was decent in recent years in the DJ/Ron/Richard-era with the extended intro & outro, but still Axl left me missing something. Of what i've heard in 2016, it's improved having Slash & Duff back, but still... ehh.

But considering GN'R still has the UYI-era nucleus of Axl, Slash, Duff & Dizzy, from what i've heard, they all absolutely NAIL the UYI-tracks, and from the Don't Cry I heard live, it hasn't sounded that good since 1993.

But Don't Cry is the better song overall anyways, so...

Board footer