You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

Sky Dog wrote:

probably what will happen as for a new album...hopefully we get a few new songs on a compilation as MSL has suggested in between now and then.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

AEG's plans for GN'R last year in Italy had them in Rome and Milan during the first week of September, so two dates in Italy could be seen as reasonable

Another site mentioning GN'R in Milan and Rome - http://www.qubemusic.it/guns-n-roses-co … -concerti/

Rock in Roma took place between 7th June and 24th July which means GN'R playing Italy after Download

I am wondering why a Ukranian website is arranging travel to Vienna and Prague. I wonder if GN'R are avoiding Poland and Romania which are probably closer

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

If GN'R follow a similar route to Iron Maiden last year, Rock am Ring could come into play. If GN'R are playing standalone concerts in Germany, they would not want to have these in competition with the festival so they would probably come a week or two before or after Rock AM Ring

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Bruce Springsteen could be a good template. Spain Portugal, leading into Ireland UK, two weeks after, Germany, two dates in Italy. And some other random dates thrown in between. Also, the kind of venues GN'R could be looking at

Last Spanish football fixtures around 21st May. If GN'R are targeting stadia, concert dates are unlikely to be before this

I want to throw Stadion Letzigrund in Zurich into the mix. I have had an email on that one that is interesting, but not conclusive. And Rock Werchter end of June

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

An interesting tweet

The guy is followed by Livenation and other promoters, and although he seems more about racing, there is some ticket and promoter talk in his history.

He also mentions Download two days before Metal Talk reported it.

So from this, for now, we can add Rock AM Ring, Hellfest and Pinkpop as possibilites. Three festivals with links to Livenation

There was also an earlier mention by Zegut of a Stade De France concert in July for GN'R. We also have Download France by association

There's mention of two standalone concerts for Germany on another forum which could happen. Springsteen played the two Olympic stadia. The Hockenheim venue website has been deemed innaccurate, but that could just be the date and not the venue

Pinkpop promoter was unsure on GN'R last year.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

If they were releasing a VBO, I'd reckon it'd be announced when GN'R resumes in late October.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl rerecorded CD parts on the road with Ron and Frank. I don't see how it would be any different for Slash, and that's assuming they haven't already done so e re/recording. I think an Axl &Slash album could do Black Ice numbers. We can't act like they don't make any money on records anymore, they do.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Some site mentioning GN'R concerts for Prague and Vienna in 2017 for trips from the Ukraine. Dates to be announced soon

https://vk.com/gnr2017

There's a strange addition that there might be some focus on the Use Your Illusion albums for the tour (unless I am reading it wrong). Odd.

I think the UYI comment is referring to the line-up. Nothing musical

Calling it a day now, will check back Saturday

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

The band are focusing on 'live' right now, no plans for any new recordings. From two separate sources who I know have spoken with the band in  recent months.

Nothing new on Europe yesterday. Paul Skinner confirmed his tweet is info not a wishlist, so that is interesting given his ticketing twitter history, and he is followed by alot of promoters(I still think Hellfest is odd, Download and Pinkpop are also same weekend, Rammstein did it, but not sure). I am checking out all  the other possibilities we have so far. See what happens. I'lll have a poke around today, see if anything new is out there on the interweb

johndivney wrote:

Do festivals have impact on the practicalities & logistics of the show? Like how expensive/expansive the setup is? For example, if they're doing the festivals they'll hardly be bringing the stage/set from this current stadium run? Would they have carted that all round Europe anyway??

Good to see they're being talked of in the same breath as the mega tours of Springsteen et al again. These tours n venues are well travelled now. But yea I suppose the matter of competition it makes sense to do the festivals..

They could play two festivals one weekend. P sure they did it in '02 when they headlined Leeds but couldn't play Reading cause they'd booked another euro festival..?? Play one on the Friday the other on the Sunday.
Or even the Saturday depending on logistics..

Was thinking of maybe takin in a couple of shows, but now think I'll wait for the inevitable arena run..  Don't have the stamina for festival weekends anymore..
I'll see where they're playin first.. Hopefully it's not all festivals. Amsterdam r Berlin, tho that's unlikely. Barcelona would be good. & an Irish date.

Board footer