You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

Rex wrote:

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers. A shame a bunch of millionaires can't get along to make millions more.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Rex wrote:

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers. A shame a bunch of millionaires can't get along to make millions more.

Well, we don't know the ins and outs of their financial situations. Slash's divorce probably cost him a lot, he's just axed the asking price of that house he's selling. Axl... doesn't he stump up for the costs of the touring production? ISTR reading something along those lines. And they lead pretty expensive lifestyles. This is their big payday; the one they've all been holding out for. They only get one shot at this, so of course they're going to milk it for all it's worth. Hell, Izzy wanted a cut too, which is entirely understandable.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Ragnar wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Whatever the situation around Izzy's touring... I wonder what it means for any unheard material sitting in the vault that he co-wrote? We know he wrote Down By The Ocean for Axl, we know he worked on a lot of the tracks in the Velvet Revolver vault. Can he veto their use on any putative future album, or does the material belong to Axl (or Slash and Duff?).

This is Down By The Ocean.

[/embed]

No, it is not. has already been confirmed by Axl in the chats that it is not.

It's two different songs.

otto

otto wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I think it's all about reliability...can Izzy be relied upon to show up at every gig?

History says no...so here is a smaller cut...show up when u want

Buts it's been about the $$$ since UYI when they had individual writing credits assigned

Exactly what I think. It was about reliability more than it was personal or *only* about the money.

Money does play a factor on it as, if Izzy bailed AGAIN and contracts were signed, there would be a huge problem for the rest of them do deal with.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Again love Izzy and I've defended him previously

But, dude is wrong here.

Like some of you said his bargaining power is diminishing.

I don't think airing your dirty laundry does you any favours as well with Axl, Duff, and Slash.

What would have happened if Izzy came back, is the 3 ADS would have to keep Richard on in case Izzy proves to be unreliable.

He should have taken what was offered regardless if it was seen as a slap in the face. Prove that he is worth the equal amount, by finishing the tour and what not.

But, by staying at home and complaining that you didn't get your fair share is such bullshit. Slash, Duff, and Axl do not look bad at all here.

Slash, Duff and Axl all have proven touring experience. Izzy doesn't. That is a fact. They've kept the brand name alive for the last twenty years.

Izzy is kind of being the Don Felder in this situation. Overestimating his value and wanting more money.

What has he done? Solo albums ok. But, no touring. No big name recognition. Slash & Duff have done Velvet Revolver, solo shit, and Axl rebuilt a band and well yeah it disintegrated. But all three have been around on the scene. The same again, can't be said about  Iz.

By shitting on Axl, Slash, and Duff he doesn't do himself any favours. Unless this is a ruse. And he is going to show up.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sounds like he didn't even counter the offer of $40,000 for the 4 shows... I bet if he said "I need $80,000 and will bust ass to nail the songs and give it my all" they would agree.

The profit split right now is Axl 50% and Duff and Slash is 25% and this after all expenses are paid etc. Axl alone is not paying for Frank and Melissa... Their costs are factored in then the remaining profit is divided. But Slash and Duff are also get a cut on all that merch, much of which is Slash designs anyway. We all like Izzy, but no way he was going to bust ass like Slash and Duff to learn CD songs and give it his all. He should have done it like Adler and saw the big picture. Forever Adler will have been known to be involved and Izzy will be the cry baby.

otto

otto wrote:

Once you made that money it costs more now
It might cost a lot more than you'd think
I just found a million dollars
that someone forgot
It's days like this that push me o'er the brinks
Cool and stressing
[pronounced: cool ranch dres'ing]

johndivney wrote:

You guys act like the sun shines out of Richard Fortus's big nose.

Fucks sake. It's Izzy fuckin Stralin you're talking about here. You don't talk that way about Keef or George Harrison do you?!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

otto wrote:

Once you made that money it costs more now
It might cost a lot more than you'd think
I just found a million dollars
that someone forgot
It's days like this that push me o'er the brinks
Cool and stressing
[pronounced: cool ranch dres'ing]

Let's be honest, GN'R were never exclusively about the purity of the art; they were always hustling to make a dollar. In the words of Maynard James Keenan...

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...Shut up and

Buy my new record
Send more money
Fuck you, buddy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The split should have been

Axl 30%
Slash 30%
Duff 15%
Izzy 15%
Adler 10%

But Adler and Izzy would need to be on stage a good bit of time to earn that.

Board footer