You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: European Tour 2017 Thread

sp1at wrote:

Now we need to fill in the gaps and file down the rogue festival dates.

Rock in Rome and San Siro were mentioned by Italian Press, so Rock in Rome has to stay

Madrid has to be there. We have Mad Cool, but we need a date.

Rock AM Ring is overkill for Germany, but I have reasons to persist with that just now.

Pinkpop is overkill for Holland, but there was apparently an offer, so we'll keep it there, but it's hanging on a thread.

Download Paris could be deemed unlikely, not sure. That is only there by association

Need to also think about what countries are missing

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Ahh, good. Now I have found a source to match up the stadium dates.

http://concerticket.net/es/215-ticket-guns-n-roses

Letzigrund was the stadium I got that teasing email from, so I am happy with that. We also have an Ireland date, and there are no UK dates which fits in with exclusion nonsense for Download

San Siro matches Italian Press, Stade De France matches Zegut

Also checking the validity of these dates and this website

johndivney wrote:

Re Croke Park

Would be good venue for this really. While Slane's actually a natural amphitheatre, it's a bit of a pain to get in and out of. Croke is right in the centre of Dublin, easily accessible in and out of. Would suit the inevitable spillage of UK fans.
Croke Park also has a bigger capacity than the RDS, the last outdoor Irish gig they played in 2006, around 70-80,000. With Download exclusivity would they be able to pull off two Dublin gigs??
All being well I'll be so rookied I won't even remember the show. That's the plan at the minute.

Few other dates look real tempting also..

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Now it gets surreal

GN'R in Florence - Stadio Franchi Di Firenze - 25th April 2017

https://it.fievent.com/e/guns-n-roses-firenze/3781433

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

I think this Italy date might be fake. See below

http://www.pratosfera.com/2016/05/29/fa … o-firenze/

johndivney wrote:

Didn't Springsteen do Milan and Rome this summer??

Basically the criteria is, where else outside of Dublin can I get access to the level of debaucery I'm accustomed to, and even more in celebration?

A few spots fit the bill. My friend is keen on Milan, me not so much. Either of those Hamburg/Berlin shows look good to me. Or Barca/Amsterdam. I could have a good time in those cities for a GnR gig I think..

If it does play out like this, or somewhat similar to this, with the Download exclusivity clause, I guess a few UK evo members would take the trip across to Dublin? Or France..?

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
sp1at wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Ahh, good. Now I have found a source to match up the stadium dates.

http://concerticket.net/es/215-ticket-guns-n-roses

Letzigrund was the stadium I got that teasing email from, so I am happy with that. We also have an Ireland date, and there are no UK dates which fits in with exclusion nonsense for Download

San Siro matches Italian Press, Stade De France matches Zegut

Also checking the validity of these dates and this website

Ok, the website is run by NANDIE EUROPE SL which is based in Barcelona, and is a sole trader affair run by a chap called Lionel.

The website has been configured so it looks like it is based in the US or Canada, which is a little strange. The address on the website makes out it is based at or near the Hotel Ibis in Barcelona, when NANDIE is based elsewhere. The business started in July 2015

To be fair, it could be a crude attempt to start a business. A website for NANDIE is here nandie-sl.com

On the flip side, I have not been able to disprove any of the venues listed, and I have crossed referenced an unconfirmed Kanye West date on the website, and it seemed to be ok.

I would never buy from this site, but the venues remain interesting. It could be that they have received an industry mailing and have gone ahead and listed information which is not yet for public consumption. So, still working on it

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Nothing new to report.

Slight more detail on the festivals. As of three weeks ago, GN'R were between accepting and finalising slots for Download and Rock am Ring. Download only had one band finalised at the time, that is up to two now. All other festivals were not further than making offers for their festivals. Austrian press are firm on GN'R having a reservation for Ernst Happel in Vienna, so there appears to be venues booked, possibly as back-up. There is also word that GN'R will do one or more UK dates later in the Summer.

It appears that a middle east segment of dates will come soon, then Europe will come after, hopefully at the end of this month. I am just going to leave it now and see what happens. I'll just add in any press stories that offer any further news.

Zegut has offered a July 8th date for Stade de France

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Think it will be either Sweden or Germany for me. Love the Netherlands, but I hate that Pink Pop festival. Such a let down coming from Roskilde, and ironically the only time I ever got busted for weed (for those who don't know, it's one of the few countries in Europe where weed is semi legal).

johndivney wrote:

Ha. I remember making a detour to Christiania on my way to roskilde. What a shithole that place was. Fun atmosphere mind. Good smoke too.

Board footer