You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

We should just forgo the election and give it to Trump - he's pretty used to having things handed to him.

No one will ever represent the establishment more than he....full of bluster....nothing to back up anything he says....

I got news for ya....Trump only helps Trump....

In addition, Wasn't it just a month ago that all you Trump backers were saying "polls don't matter?"

My how you all sing a different tune when the news comes out in your favor.

"Hoorah for me and fuck you."

Conservative mantra

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Trump soars to 6 point lead:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/

You and your national polls....:haha:

Never once have I seen you speak of electoral votes.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I heard not too long ago Trump was desperate for Kasich to be VP and for him to assume all responsibilities of President while he took the title.  Kasich would be in charge of foreign and domestic policy, basically he would be president but not in official title. It was offered by Trump's son on Trump's behalf, near the point of begging, and Kasich's response was asking what exactly Trump was going to do as president and their response was, "to make America great again." 16

If that doesn't tell you he doesn't want to be president, I don't know what will. He does not want to work. He wants to play golf and give speeches. That's his idea of being president. And it should tell you something that Kasich wants absolutely nothing to do with him.

Anyone who thinks Trump will win is lying to themselves. Romney genuinely thought the polls had him beating Obama. Seriously. They were stunned at their defeat. Trump's will be worse.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ … reign.html

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

close now, but we are so far away. I can't believe we were talking about polls months ago. meant nothing.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Trump has peaked too soon. He needed this a few weeks before the election. The polls have been swinging back and forth. They'll swing right back the other way in a month or so, and that's perfect timing for Hillary.

Even with this huge swing toward Trump, Hillary likely would win the election if it were held today.

I don't know.  At this point looking at RCP, the state that would decide it is Virginia.  Clinton leads by 1 there and the MOE is 4.  It's a virtual tie.

Clinton has won every single poll in Virginia (although tied twice) and currently is above the margin of error on average. She could lose both Ohio and Florida (which is highly unlikely) and still win the election. I think VA, PA, MI, WI and CO are all locked down for her.

I guess if she lost VA, FL and OH she would lose. But what are the odds of Trump taking all of those states? I find it unlikely.

9gzwjl.png

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, folks in this thread starting to get  a little scared about Trump... Means he has a good shot to win.

Scared?

You said he had a good week... His good week was literally taking on the democratic platform and expanding entitlements, which is the exact opposite of the GOP, his party and his followers. It's no surprise his daughter was standing behind him and apparently was pushing this move, because she is a democrat and gave a democratic policy speech at their convention. If by good week you mean he switched party lines, refused to disclose his taxes, the debacle that was his own medical records with Dr. Oz and typical Trumpisms, then yeah,  he had a good week!

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I heard not too long ago Trump was desperate for Kasich to be VP and for him to assume all responsibilities of President while he took the title.  Kasich would be in charge of foreign and domestic policy, basically he would be president but not in official title. It was offered by Trump's son on Trump's behalf, near the point of begging, and Kasich's response was asking what exactly Trump was going to do as president and their response was, "to make America great again." 16

If that doesn't tell you he doesn't want to be president, I don't know what will. He does not want to work. He wants to play golf and give speeches. That's his idea of being president. And it should tell you something that Kasich wants absolutely nothing to do with him.

Anyone who thinks Trump will win is lying to themselves. Romney genuinely thought the polls had him beating Obama. Seriously. They were stunned at their defeat. Trump's will be worse.

Did you see the Mitt documentary on Netflix? I've actually watched it twice and enjoyed it. At the end Romney and Ryan are together talking and they're very confident about everything while looking at the crowds. He didn't even have a concession speech planned for that night. They thought for sure they would take it.

I doubt Trump is that confident, but his supporters sure seem to be. Yes he steamrolled a group of weaklings in the GOP primary, but this is hardly the same thing. Trump has most recently said he doesn't want moderators for the upcoming debates at all, haha. What does that tell you? The guy has said everything is rigged, that he hasn't been treated fairly and that he only will participate if they can ensure he's treated well. The bar is already set low for Trump (much like Palin) but these debates will surely expose an emperor with no clothes.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, folks in this thread starting to get  a little scared about Trump... Means he has a good shot to win.

Scared?

You said he had a good week... His good week was literally taking on the democratic platform and expanding entitlements, which is the exact opposite of the GOP, his party and his followers. It's no surprise his daughter was standing behind him and apparently was pushing this move, because she is a democrat and gave a democratic policy speech at their convention. If by good week you mean he switched party lines, refused to disclose his taxes, the debacle that was his own medical records with Dr. Oz and typical Trumpisms, then yeah,  he had a good week!

This is such a weird thing. Anytime somebody would point out how stupid Palin was I'd read the same thing "Guess you're all scared of this STRONG woman?" Ummm, no. She's a moron, just like Trump is a moron. We are not scared of either one of them, although terrified at the prospect that they may lead this country.

Like you said, Trump rolled out the idea more entitlements this week. (Shrugs shoulders) Yet not a peep from anybody here. There were some rumblings from conservatives like Krauthammer, but not much more. Not to mention a great deal of his platform is to expand government and spend more money. Isn't this exactly what you conservatives have been bitching about for the last 8 years (in theory)? Do they not understand anything Trump is telling them? The COWARDS in the GOP won't stand up to him. They are falling in line, and oddly all their constituents who bemoaned "big government" are silent now, standing alongside Trump as well. WTF.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

---standing ovation----

I agree with so much of this - but you know what they're all going to say? Nothing!

A big fat load of nothing.

Redirect the conversation back to "national polls" and other things that point to the possibility of upset.

At the end of the day....these hypocrisies and incoherent arguments never get addressed.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:
misterID wrote:

Did you see the Mitt documentary on Netflix? I've actually watched it twice and enjoyed it. At the end Romney and Ryan are together talking and they're very confident about everything while looking at the crowds. He didn't even have a concession speech planned for that night. They thought for sure they would take it.

I doubt Trump is that confident, but his supporters sure seem to be. Yes he steamrolled a group of weaklings in the GOP primary, but this is hardly the same thing. Trump has most recently said he doesn't want moderators for the upcoming debates at all, haha. What does that tell you? The guy has said everything is rigged, that he hasn't been treated fairly and that he only will participate if they can ensure he's treated well. The bar is already set low for Trump (much like Palin) but these debates will surely expose an emperor with no clothes.

He hasn't even confirmed he will even participate in the debates! (I seriously doubt he won't show up, but he did it before in the primary, when he thought Fox was being mean to him for asking questions he didn't like)

Good point about Palin. People went ape shit if you gave her any kind of criticism. Hilary deserves criticism, but she's a big girl who can handle it. You might as well put a skirt on Trump and give him a pacifier.

Board footer