You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

What is up my homies! 

In this thread we are in a "safe place" where you cannot attack anyone. (Please let us keep this thread open Pollux)

I don't get the big deal about the 1995 Trump tax returns. Clearly they were illegally obtained but what in them should I be worried about?

The Saturday night live skit of the debate was EPIC. Haha, Alex Baldwin nailed Trump as did the comedian, whose name escapes me, nailed Hillary.

Trump right now is at full tilt and needs to calm the hell down.

Hillary's comments about Bernie supporters living in a basement doesn't bother me either. I don't see what is crazy or bad about them. Big deal.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Yea, I didn't find Romney's 47% comment particularly insulting because it's true, but this country has a problem being told the truth on most things (I mean, it's PC to believe men and women can change their sex, despite every aspect of biology saying this is pure fantasy).  Hillary couldn't fill a McDonald's for a rally, so it really comes down to does Trump scare enough people to show up and vote against him.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

First of all, lemme say if people want to bash Trump or Clinton mercilessly, that should be perfectly allowed. I don't know why that should send anyone here off the rails. They both have given people ample ammo to bash them. Trump a lot more.

My guy, Gary Johnson, has really shit the bed and let me down. When he's not getting TV appearances very often, you can't go on live TV when you actually are invited and say "what is aleppo" or admit that you can't name a single foreign world leader. He's suffering in the polls because of it, too, and a lot of his votes appear to be going to Hillary, at least independents.

Tomorrow, Julian Assange has again promised to leak something to bring Hillary down. He's said that before, though, so who knows. At this point, that is the only thing that can stop her. Trump is imploding on a daily basis in more spectacular fashion each time.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

So you think it's okay to be a total douche bag as long as you're attacking a candidate?   

No.  Because that leads to exactly what happened in the last thread. Nobody was interested in facts. Nobody was interested in addressing actual issues. That threat was a microcosm of the whole election. It was a joke and an embarrasment.  That whole thread was a pile of shit and if you allow the same garbage minus you can't call someone the dumbest motherfucker to ever discuss politics, it will be the same thread. I will bury them again minus swearing and there won't be a thing they can do about it.  How does that help anyone?

Only way to do it is to require sources for everything. Even then people will gripe about the source instead of the issue. There's a reason you don't discuss religion and politics with friends. People are losing real life friends over this...I certainly don't care if I offend some schmuck I don't even know here, nor do I care if they like me. Their respect means nothing to me.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What is up my homies! 

In this thread we are in a "safe place" where you cannot attack anyone.

buzzsaw wrote:

So you think it's okay to be a total douche bag as long as you're attacking a candidate?

Wow, didn't last 2 hours.  16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No, to clarify, I don't.

But, sure, I see no reason why we can't bash Trump for being a racist, misogynist, dirty old man with no firm grasp of the issues. He's proven that. We just have to quote him.

And, yeah, let's call Hillary a lying, war-mongering, frail old woman who will say anything to get elected. Just pull out the ammo she's provided you.

Gary Johnson is a loopy pothead who seems to know nothing of the world around him. His most recent TV appearances support those theories.

These people are running for president, and virtually everything they do and say and think is fair game.

Should people just pop into a thread and say Trump is a pedophile or Hillary is a murderer. No, those things were mentioned in the previous thread but there is no real evidence behind those claims. That's conspiracy theory batshit crazy stuff.

I don't get all worked up when people want to go back and forth as long as it doesn't get too nasty. Things get way too nasty in the last thread. Not sure why people get so angry about what someone says about a politician.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

There's a reason most sites back away from religion or politics. We never have and I wouldn't like to see that change but there has to be mutual respect when posting whether you seek it or not.

This is a GNR forum, bashing band members is going to be taken slightly differently to bashing arguably the most ridiculed man on the planet right now.

Crack on and discuss the election by all means but do it like adults or there will be no more election thread.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What is up my homies! 

In this thread we are in a "safe place" where you cannot attack anyone.

buzzsaw wrote:

Wow, didn't last 2 hours.  16

Who did I attack?  I asked a legitimate question. 

I've never said I didn't share responsibility for the old thread.  I played a role there too long after the thread disintigrated into what it was. This concept that it was my fault is just the little gang trying to hang on to some dignity.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No, to clarify, I don't.

But, sure, I see no reason why we can't bash Trump for being a racist, misogynist, dirty old man with no firm grasp of the issues. He's proven that. We just have to quote him.

And, yeah, let's call Hillary a lying, war-mongering, frail old woman who will say anything to get elected. Just pull out the ammo she's provided you.

Gary Johnson is a loopy pothead who seems to know nothing of the world around him. His most recent TV appearances support those theories.

These people are running for president, and virtually everything they do and say and think is fair game.

Should people just pop into a thread and say Trump is a pedophile or Hillary is a murderer. No, those things were mentioned in the previous thread but there is no real evidence behind those claims. That's conspiracy theory batshit crazy stuff.

I don't get all worked up when people want to go back and forth as long as it doesn't get too nasty. Things get way too nasty in the last thread. Not sure why people get so angry about what someone says about a politician.

So Trump is somehow racist for the wall, but Hillary can have a kkk mentor and that's just fine?  That's my point exactly. Trump hates women but Hillary says you can abort a baby up to delivery which somehow makes her pro women? They both suck. There's a small group that refuses to acknowledge any of her faults and when presented with them attacks the person or starts ripping trump. Neither indicates people interested in having a discussion on the topic.

And so we get what we have here today...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The fact Trump is not long since dead and buried (metaphorically speaking) is testament to how poor a candidate Hilary is also. She just, to me at least, appears the lesser of two evils.

Board footer