You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: US Politics Thread

slashsfro wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

^ I'm worried he'll drag his loss out by refusing to concede and trying to file court cases. Who knows what could happen if he doesn't bow out of the election graciously.

Gawd what a horrible thought.

Not to worry.  Trump will be in court afterward.  There is a civil RICO case against him and Trump U.  I'd say he has to worry about that first.  Along with the claims that he sexually assulted an underage minor in the 1990s, he'll be in a court defending himself a lot.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Thanks for posting this. Clearly shows Trump's precipitous fall in the polls since the tape. When a poll that has leaned GOP by a few points all along suddenly looks like this, you know Trump is in deep shit. And it's a bunch of shit of his own making.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Appologies if this has been posted before...but it's funny

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Wikileaks are fascinating.

Now we learn the Clinton campaign doesn't like Catholics either.  And Podesta is a Catholic. Haha. The Wikileaks just show how big of a clownshow Hillary and her people are.

And Donna Brazil also apparently gave the Clinton camp a question she was concerned about and that exact question was asked at a CNN town hall.

Looks SHADY AS FUCK.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Donald Trump admits to just walking in on naked Miss USA contestants.

But also, a MISS TEEN says he did the same to them. Girls as young as 15.

Dude is a dirty old man.

“I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone’s getting dressed and ready and everything else,” he said. “And you know, no men are anywhere. And I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant. And therefore I’m inspecting it.”

Separately, BuzzFeed reported Wednesday that four women in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant said Trump walked into their dressing room while they were changing. Some were as young as 15, BuzzFeed reported.

Three spoke anonymously, and one allowed her name to be used. “I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, ‘Oh my god, there’s a man in here,'” Mariah Billado, a former Miss Vermont Teen USA, told BuzzFeed.

Trump, she told BuzzFeed, said “something like ‘Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before.'”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor … ge%2Fstory

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Poll shows tie in Utah.

Partly, it seems, because of the all-out Utah party revolt against Trump after "the tape" and also because of the rise of independent and BYU graduate Evan McMullin.

This continues to be a fascinating election.

web-1752338.jpg

Is Clinton likely to win Utah. Probably not, but it will be interesting to watch nonetheless. McMullin is statistically within the margin of error of both Trump and Clinton.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm kind of interested in the mutiny against Paul Ryan, which looked to be happening even without Trump, the Breitbart crowd who are now running his campaign have been on a quest to oust him since he became speaker. I heard on Bloomberg with Mark Halperin and John Heilemann to not be surprised to see a very productive relationship between Ryan and Hillary, which kind of surprised me as I thought he'd want to sandbag her Obama style for a 2020 run, but he might want to do some damage control and look good to the center.  This is getting really interesting.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

I'm kind of interested in the mutiny against Paul Ryan, which looked to be happening even without Trump, the Breitbart crowd who are now running his campaign have been on a quest to oust him since he became speaker. I heard on Bloomberg with Mark Halperin and John Heilemann to not be surprised to see a very productive relationship between Ryan and Hillary, which kind of surprised me as I thought he'd want to sandbag her Obama style for a 2020 run, but he might want to do some damage control and look good to the center.  This is getting really interesting.

As soon as you realize Obama was never sand bagged and refused to negotiate with congressional republicans, the sooner you'll realize why half the country considered Trump.

He's a president, not a dictator. The Democrats had a super majority for 2 years and Obama's only legacy is his Affordable Care Act, which is going to be nonexistent after Clinton or Trump assume the Presidency.

I know the constitution isn't required reading anymore, but it clearly outlines how the branches of government work. Nowhere does it say "Congress will create and approve legislation at the request of the President."  It's this same head in the sand hand waiving that allows a lot of people to think Hillary is actually a good person and candidate.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

According to this, Obama actually never had a supermajority for more than a few weeks, at most. I don't have time to go back and verify the claims, but I remember some of these events.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer- … 29869.html

Board footer