You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Hillary voters being loving to Trump voter.

Jesus Christ, dude, several instances of Trump supporters beating immigrants and Clinton supporters popped up all along this election and I didn't point out any of that shit because a small pool doesn't represent the whole. I witnessed a group of 8-9 rednecks at Waffle House trying to pick a fight with two teenagers because they literally thought their haircuts made them "liberal fags" and started chanting Trump! Trump! Trump! And followed them out into the parking lot to attack them and the cook, a massive hillbilly cat, nipped that shit in the bud. Don't act like poor Trump voters are being attacked by roving gangs of black people.

Last night, Elizabeth Warren said she was open to working with Trump and is optimistic he will want to help the working class like he promised, and she'll be right there to help him. Obama didn't get that. You can admit that, right? They vowed to make him fail. Completely different. So let's not play that game.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Dadud wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetnovack … 1e4632a43f

nice tax cuts for himself....dismantling as much of obamacare as possible...doesn't sound good

Tax cuts across the board, and repealing and replacing Obama care with single player insurance. You obviously haven't done much research beyond what the establishment wants you to think

Anyone upset because "Hitler" won the election needs to be dehypnotized. Read this. http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1529985168 … your-brain

lol...I think you need to learn more about what "establishment' is.....it says plain as day...47% of the tax breaks will go to the richest 1%. That sounds like the establishment to me.

Here again....I said nothing about Hitler....wtf are you talking about you drone....quick go back to FOX news and find out what you should say next!!!!

Lol fox, I only watch hannipede. I get most my news from Reddit and discord. (As seen on this https://www.google.com/amp/gizmodo.com/ … oid-google gizmodo article, Im a mod on centipede central, which used to be the r/the_donald discord until it got deleted by the Reddit mods.)

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Update: Santa Monica police say they're unaware of Calgarian's alleged election night assault
Chris Ball says people shouted homophobic slurs and celebrated the "new president" before he was jumped.

The Santa Monica Police Department has responded to reports of this incident with the following statement:

You may have seen an unconfirmed story regarding a possible hate crime incident involving a “Chris Ball” alleging he was assaulted in Santa Monica on election night, November 8, by “Trump Supporters”.

The Santa Monica Police Department and the City of Santa Monica have not received any information indicating this crime occurred in the City of Santa Monica. We encourage the alleged victim to come forward and work with us if a crime did in fact take place. A check of local hospitals revealed there was no victim of any such incident admitted or treated as well.

If you have any questions, please contact Public Information Officer, Lt. Saul Rodriguez, (310) 458-2293.Calgary film producer Chris Ball is coming back from America’s presidential election with five staples holding together the gash on top of his head.

Metro is following up on this development and more updates will be coming. The original story is below.

Calgary film producer Chris Ball is coming back from America’s presidential election with five staples holding together the gash on top of his head.

Ball spent the evening in a Santa Monica, Calif. bar watching poll results come in. As the election progressed, he said attitudes in the bar became more and more heated – on both sides of the campaign.

“People started launching homophobic slurs at me from afar,” he said. “I mean, I kind of got into it, but I didn’t want to provoke them.”

They were saying things like, ‘We got a new president you f--king faggots.’

When he later left the bar, alone, he was walking through an alley when he was jumped by a group of men – one of which smashed a bottle over his head.

He fell back, his head smashing against the concrete, where he blacked out.

“When I came to, I remember waking up and wiping the blood from my eyes. I called some friends, they picked me up and I went right to the hospital,” he recalled.

He was stitched up at the hospital and said he’s feeling fine.

Santa Monica police were not immediately available for comment to confirm details of Ball’s account.

In retrospect, Ball doesn’t think it was really a political issue – it was a hate issue, fuelled by the charged atmosphere of the election night, with a group of drunk people who used Trump’s rhetoric as an excuse to get in a fight. He feels it could very well have been a Clinton supporter, or just someone else with a homophobic attitude on any other night – it’s an ongoing issue.

He does feel, as Americans are more charged up, incidents like these may come up more in the near future, but he doesn’t feel this event is representative of all Americans, or even all Trump supporters.

“I’m in pretty good spirits. That’s just how I have to handle it. I’m alive and well and still very gay,” he laughed.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgary/20 … night.html

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Update: Santa Monica police say they're unaware of Calgarian's alleged election night assault
Chris Ball says people shouted homophobic slurs and celebrated the "new president" before he was jumped.

The Santa Monica Police Department has responded to reports of this incident with the following statement:

You may have seen an unconfirmed story regarding a possible hate crime incident involving a “Chris Ball” alleging he was assaulted in Santa Monica on election night, November 8, by “Trump Supporters”.

The Santa Monica Police Department and the City of Santa Monica have not received any information indicating this crime occurred in the City of Santa Monica. We encourage the alleged victim to come forward and work with us if a crime did in fact take place. A check of local hospitals revealed there was no victim of any such incident admitted or treated as well.

If you have any questions, please contact Public Information Officer, Lt. Saul Rodriguez, (310) 458-2293.Calgary film producer Chris Ball is coming back from America’s presidential election with five staples holding together the gash on top of his head.

Metro is following up on this development and more updates will be coming. The original story is below.

Calgary film producer Chris Ball is coming back from America’s presidential election with five staples holding together the gash on top of his head.

Ball spent the evening in a Santa Monica, Calif. bar watching poll results come in. As the election progressed, he said attitudes in the bar became more and more heated – on both sides of the campaign.

“People started launching homophobic slurs at me from afar,” he said. “I mean, I kind of got into it, but I didn’t want to provoke them.”

They were saying things like, ‘We got a new president you f--king faggots.’

When he later left the bar, alone, he was walking through an alley when he was jumped by a group of men – one of which smashed a bottle over his head.

He fell back, his head smashing against the concrete, where he blacked out.

“When I came to, I remember waking up and wiping the blood from my eyes. I called some friends, they picked me up and I went right to the hospital,” he recalled.

He was stitched up at the hospital and said he’s feeling fine.

Santa Monica police were not immediately available for comment to confirm details of Ball’s account.

In retrospect, Ball doesn’t think it was really a political issue – it was a hate issue, fuelled by the charged atmosphere of the election night, with a group of drunk people who used Trump’s rhetoric as an excuse to get in a fight. He feels it could very well have been a Clinton supporter, or just someone else with a homophobic attitude on any other night – it’s an ongoing issue.

He does feel, as Americans are more charged up, incidents like these may come up more in the near future, but he doesn’t feel this event is representative of all Americans, or even all Trump supporters.

“I’m in pretty good spirits. That’s just how I have to handle it. I’m alive and well and still very gay,” he laughed.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgary/20 … night.html

So dude bashed his head against a wall and blamed it on Trump supporters?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Dadud wrote:

So dude bashed his head against a wall and blamed it on Trump supporters?

Yeah, sounds like he's just hunting for fame. Finally caught a break 16

I hate these "documentary filmmakers" who do something egregious or put people in awkward caught off guard positions to defend themselves.  Michael Moore invented it with Roger & Me where he went to the Chrysler or GM headquarters with a film camera and asked to speak to the CEO.  lol. Funny, cause it was new. But now everyday ham & eggers with a camcorder try to replicate it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Can anyone give me some of the basic bullet points on single payer healthcare systems?

I'm going to research it over the weekend but I'd like a skeleton outline if you would be so kind.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Can anyone give me some of the basic bullet points on single payer healthcare systems?

I'm going to research it over the weekend but I'd like a skeleton outline if you would be so kind.

They are founded on the general principle that medical assistance of all forms (consultations, medical presciption (although not always the actual prescriptions themseves) and surgery) are all free at the point of need. How you shape them is up to you and each is different, with pros and cons.

Generally I view it as a moral and humane issue, and always hope that people can look at it from that perspective. If a 35 year old mum has cancer, through no fault of her own, she should be helped without having to incur horrible amounts of overpriced debt. I can't see how that can be argued against - and if you agree with that scenario but not the overall proposal (e.g. I can understand why some people would not want to pay for all kinds of treatments) - then surely a middle ground can be reached, where treatments for clearly life threatening ailments are free no matter what, for everyone. If you argue that the ambiguity of that could be exploited, that is not a reason to shut it down, it's reason to explore how it can be tightened up. /soapbox over. I'll go worry about the NHS in my country is being dismantled now.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Guys...I'm afraid we are in for something worse than the 2000 election fiasco

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Naahhhh, 2000 we didn't even know who won, there was about a 6 week wait to find it, it came down to hand checking ballots & some were disqualified because the machines couldn't punch a whole right (hanging chads).  It was so archaic. Plus it came down to like 2 or 3 counties in FL as well. What was the final difference in FL, 30,000 or something?  (But there were more than that that were disqualified).

Really, that came down to a lawsuit.  I agree there are more protests this time around. And there will be, but I'm not sure it would be called "worse" unless they continue to move in a violent direction. Plus, Obama would like call for peace (Until Trump takes office, then this is his mess")

"Congratulations. This is all your mess now. Good luck!"
obamatrump-850x478$large.jpg

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Naahhhh, 2000 we didn't even know who won, there was about a 6 week wait to find it, it came down to hand checking ballots & some were disqualified because the machines couldn't punch a whole right (hanging chads).  It was so archaic. Plus it came down to like 2 or 3 counties in FL as well. What was the final difference in FL, 30,000 or something?  (But there were more than that that were disqualified).

Really, that came down to a lawsuit.  I agree there are more protests this time around. And there will be, but I'm not sure it would be called "worse" unless they continue to move in a violent direction. Plus, Obama would like call for peace (Until Trump takes office, then this is his mess")

"Congratulations. This is all your mess now. Good luck!"
https://www.boston.com/wp-content/uploa … $large.jpg

LOL...congrats...here's your mess...

I just mean that the anger is boiling over. I hope it subsides but all my blue friends can talk about is how we can stop Trump...stop him from getting elected or how we can impeach him.

I wonder how long these protests around his buildings will last.

Board footer