You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: New GNR Airplane

metallex78 wrote:

Frank plays stuff too fast, and just doesn't have the same lock in groove with Slash and Duff that Matt does. And I hate that Frank adds an extra beat in Knockin's chorus.

And are you guys all forgetting that Axl and Matt patched things up in 2006?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's about the sound to me not nostalgia.

To many, sure. Others go and see the 'reunion' because it's there and everybody's talking about it.

monkeychow wrote:

To be honest I find it really bizarre how out of all the suspicious characters in and around GNR Matt is the guy singled out by the fanbase as a bad person. Like really? Matt? That's who you think is questionable in this whole saga??? 5

Good point. Mr Rose himself has come off in many occasions as a complete loon, womanizer and downright hazardous to be around. He seems to have a better grip f things by now, but without a rock star career, he'd likely have been a habitual offender and would've spent a good portion of his life in jail or on parole.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Since it's all boiled down to drummer talk, let's watch Steven play YCBM!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch- … d-be-mine/

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Frank plays stuff too fast, and just doesn't have the same lock in groove with Slash and Duff that Matt does. And I hate that Frank adds an extra beat in Knockin's chorus.

And are you guys all forgetting that Axl and Matt patched things up in 2006?

The faster pace is by design. Axl said as much at the Chinese Excchange. Not sure it's fair to "blame" Frank for it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I don't think it's Frank's fault they play fast either. I just think his style doesn't suit the GNR material as much as Matt.

YCBM needs to be played by Matt, and even though I have a soft spot for adler, the Brownstone intro has never been the same without Matt either.

Matt locks in with Duff in a way that created an amazing backbone of a band, both in the UYI days, and also in VR.

Frank isn't bad...in fact I kinda prefer him over brain....but he just doesn't have that same magic touch that Matt had chemistry wise is all.

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

and even though I have a soft spot for adler, the Brownstone intro has never been the same without Matt either.

What the fuck.
Steven danced with mr brownstone more than most. He dances better than Matt ever will.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

If you are into this kind of thing, you can follow GN'R's tour plane routing and times through the link below. It is a Boeing 757-23A Jetmagic

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-avm

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

They aren't missing anything with Sorum or Adler, IMO.

You said the same shit when Slash wasn't in the band lol.

That's when we had Bucket. When we got fake Slash it was sort of like Fake NWO Sting. Or Barry Windham...

03.jpg

We know who you are!

Board footer