You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: cd.com tracker/forum

deadsouth wrote:

Anyone know what happened to it??? Did it get shut down or did the webmaster just finally let the site go?

AtariLegend wrote:

Tried to access it for the first time in years. No surprise it's down.

The decision to split the newgnr/chinesedemocracy forums in half was much sillier than jarmo's censorship route at HTGTH. No surprise one of them is offline and the other looked like it was on life support years ago itself.

Then again I never really posted there.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

The source software is becoming out of date to my server natural upgrades and creator of it isn't updating his tracker software

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Never been a fan of NewGNR.com... Amazing it's still online. I always thought CD.com would outlive it. Obviously I was wrong. 16

I think CD.com started to die  a slow and painful death when they decided to upgrade their software to SMF 2.XX. They basically killed off what made them stand out (ie their cool design) because SMF2.XX doesn't allow you to close those spaces between forums. The last time I visited it felt like the admin had restarted the forum from scratch. hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I checked cd.com every now and then. About a month or two ago I logged in and there was only a couple people and the forum was under a massive spam attack. I'm talking like 3 pages of spam threads in the main section with no sign of it stopping. I'd imagine the few still checking it bailed.

atari is right......the split was idiotic.

deadsouth

deadsouth wrote:

Sorry for the misleading thread title....  I was more interested in what happened to the tracker.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Tracker? hmm

deadsouth

deadsouth wrote:

BitTorrent tracker obviously

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

the tracker was "replaced" by a DC hub at 84.74.88.85:1411, but it remains almost empty.
there was a shortlived bootlegforum at Proboards, but they shut it down.
now there's another website resurrected at http://z13.invisionfree.com/GUNS_N_ROSES_BOOTS - but also remains largely empty.

anyway, if someone of you guys wants to trade with me, here's my list https://mega.nz/#F!IdEiAYrC!dbxWT_Tjggfsu56lkrLfWA
no "hidden" or "super rare" stuff, just tons of stuff that ever publicly circulated.
but I'm a collector freak, so I'm still looking for stuff I don't have.

Board footer