You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-intel-repo … 36818.html

This is fascinating and frightening if true. If their intent was to give Trump the best chance to win by discrediting the election process, how better to accomplish this than by alienating most voters. Yes, Hillary didn't campaign well, but by creating such passion about each candidate you push people to extremes. This message board is the perfect example.

If you heard a familiar person say something you believed inaccurate about your preferred candidate, would you engage them?  That is confrontational to a lot of people and the super partisanship due to the leaks only made more people passionate to confront disagreement.  So people tuned out and stayed homed to avoid getting involved.  Lower turnout is ultimately what cost Hillary, the only way Trump could win.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Greta to MSNBC!!  I am a Greta fan! Glad she has a show again. I think she is very UNbiased.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Contractors who helped build Trump's latest hotel have filed a mechanic's lien against him for non payment. Some were Trump voters.

What a guy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I really think Trump is going to be impeached over the business conflicts, if not for eventually spilling classified info. Tillerson released all his taxes and has already cut all business ties. Why can't Trump?

You guys are giving BLM way too much credit. The high profiled shootings of black men affected the campaigns more than BLM, who protested both Hillary and Bernie more than they did Trump. The last time I saw any BLM on a national TV program was the night after the election and the two "leaders" were celebratiing her loss. And no, they are in no way similar to the Klan.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Why would he be impeached?  The President is specifically excluded from those laws.  And you think the GOP House is going vote against him?  What fantasy world do you live in.

misterID

misterID wrote:

No, they are not exempt from taking money from foreign governments or gifts, which they will be doing the day he takes office as his companies still do business with foreign governments, he owes them millions in debt in fact, and if he doesn't divest they'll be using his hotels and in turn be giving him money. Plus, even if he hands the business over to his children, he'll still be getting the profits and will be breaking the stock act. We have no idea what all business ties he has, he won't release his taxes.

And Ryan would absolutely dump Trump's ass to get Pence in office. What fantasy world do you live in where they actually want him as president... That's the main reason I don't want Trump impeached, I don't want Pence or Ryan in charge, he's just stupid enough to do something impeachable.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The December jobs numbers are in:

The U.S. economy added 156,000 new jobs in December, according to government data issued Friday. The final issued by the Labor Department during President Obama’s administration showed the unemployment rate at 4.7 percent, slightly up from 4.6 percent the previous month….December marks the 75th straight month of job growth – the most extended streak the country has seen since 1939.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Donald J. Trump ? @realDonaldTrump
Hillary and the Dems were never going to beat the PASSION of my voters. They saw what was happening in the last two weeks before the......
6:39 AM - 6 Jan 2017

Donald J. Trump ? @realDonaldTrump
and knew they were in big trouble - which is why they cancelled their big fireworks at the last minute.THEY SAW A MOVEMENT LIKE NEVER BEFORE
6:45 AM - 6 Jan 2017

I just realized that Trump tweets exactly how SG posts. And they both judge women based on a fuckability scale. Suspicious... 10

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Well, that is quite an hilarious observation.

He was mighty prescient with his reunion prediction too, so maybe you're on to something. 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Trump's twitter feed is just incredible to witness. Future President's should take a page out of his book on this. I'm really enjoying these constant updates on what he's doing. Of course, that doesn't mean he's actually doing any of those things, but as a viewer you feel a lot more involved.

Board footer