You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Well money isn't going to stop violence. Only guns do that.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/fac … cepalm.jpg

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How about this. Why should we admit these people to our country?

Because it's humane. Either you have empathy for other human beings fleeing a hopeless situation or you don't I guess. To quote that statue of yours:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

But then again, the presence of halal meat is probably too high a price to pay for the safety of a family fleeing persecution by a savage dictator.

If you don't actually care about your country or anyone but yourself though, I can understand why you don't want them. You'd just have to admit that.

Randall Flagg

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How about this. Why should we admit these people to our country?

Because it's humane. Either you have empathy for other human beings fleeing a hopeless situation or you don't I guess. To quote that statue of yours:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

But then again, the presence of halal meat is probably too high a price to pay for the safety of a family fleeing persecution by a savage dictator.

If you don't actually care about your country or anyone but yourself though, I can understand why you don't want them. You'd just have to admit that.

I care about my country. I'm willing to die for it. I don't give a shit about someone in a far off land I've never met, won't meet and has no idea I exist.  I'm not going to sacrifice mine or anyone else's safety for someone unwilling to defend their home. And especially not someone unwilling to defend their home and has no concept of my culture and values.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/30/blm-a … ng-people/

Black Lives Matter and protesters bringing the truth!!  Give me your money white man!!!! Haha

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What, are you stupid? Bill Clinton could have killed Bin Ladin the previous year and did not. That was a well executed plan and after that time not another one happened. I can't blame Bush on that attack when at that time there wasn't near the threat that we have now. That was the pre 9/11 policy. The previous attack on the WTC was 8 years prior. Bush had been pres for 8 months. That attack was planed way before 8 months. Do we blame Clinton too? There is word they got a vague warning.

Bush was given a memo that said "Terrorists plan on hijacking planes and flying them into buildings" as weapons...and chose to ignore that intel.

Like the Bush admin, Clinton had both domestic and foreign born terror attacks on US soil during his time in office. Under Clinton those who attacked us (first trade center bombing) and Oklahoma city bombing, were both rounded up and put in jail (and executed). On the other hand, Bush went into Iraq to look for WMD and let OBL drift away.

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I give Obama credit if you give Bush credit for a total of 0 Islamic Terrorist attacks in the US post 9/11-Obama inauguration.

What??  Are you fucking stupid??  Zero AFTER the worst disaster in US History?!?  That's the most absurd argument I ever heard?!  THAT is what his and Dick Cheney's legacy is.  I swear if it occurred when a Democrat was President we'd never have another Democratic President for 50 years.  But when it's a Republican all we hear right away is "Obama's gotta get outta there.  He's soft!"

Republicans are fucking stupid.

It was only 3000+ in NYC dude...calm down. Besides, it was Clinton's fault, not the terrorists.

PaSnow wrote:

Should we ban all Christians from owning guns?

It would be a good start...heh heh

This is a horseshit accusation. You know how many hundreds of threats make it to the Presidents desk?  What would you have expected Bush to do?  Ground all flights?  Put armed military on every flight?  If Trump did that exact thing tonight and said there were reports of militants flying planes into buildings, you'd be screaming by morning. In 24 hours Schumer would be on TV crying about the infringement on air travel and Elizabeth Warren would be marching through a TSA scanner to fly.

There wasn't credible intel or anything to respond to. Did the intel say 19 hijackers are going to use box cutters to take over 4 planes, 2 headed to NYC and 2 towards D.C.? Bush owns 9/11, but the idea anyone could have prevented it without massive action against air travel is ridiculous. How many people bitched during 9/11 air travel was canceled?

This is a bullshit critique partisans throw to make Bush seem inept. Just as the bullshit footage of him being told, and not jumping up and running to his motorcade.

If someone told Obama that terrorists were planning to shot up gay nightclubs, what would you expect him to do?  And why would he assume this threat more credible than the 800 other threats he's briefed on a day.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

"He's not a war hero. He's a war hero – he's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, OK?"

That was funny. Inappropriate but funny.

promised to build a wall- looks to be moving forward
promised to deal with our illegal immigration problem and stop the flow of refugees- dealing with it
promised to move forward on the pipelines- done
promised to wipe his ass with TPP- done

all of this in a week and people are complaining?!? Most presidents take months to do one thing. What's next on tap? Nationwide protests when he starts creating more jobs?

We're living in the looking glass....

Great to see you alive smile

Mexico isn't paying for the wall. Republicans won't pass tarrifs or taxes on imports. He's going to have to find money somewhere... And the majority of his executive orders were either poorly written, as he wouldn't allow the people who know what they're doing to write out the executive order, or they were convoluted, contradictory or illegal. But he made a nice show.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/30 … osque.html

Canadian Mosque killers appear to be Muslims themselves.

No, the Muslim was a witness. The shooter was a white right wing nationalist, like Steve Bannon. Sorry Fox, nice try.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So what do you do to make the world better?  Kudos to your ancestors. That has dick to do with you. My point is you aren't willing to do anything to enact your world view. You think because you have an opinion, you should express it and the powers that he should consider it as valid or more so than others.

All you care about is your own personal safety and security.  Just like me. Just like everyone else. My point is what are you willing to do to make Syria a better place since you claim to care. If the answer is sign a change.org petition, you're not doing anything.

Again, you don't know me or what I do, so your ranting is misguided. My answer is I donate my money to organizations that I feel support my views. I volunteer my time in my community, specifically my local schools. I donate my possessions to organizations on a weekly basis: specifically the Purple Heart Foundation (http://www.purpleheartfoundation.org/donate) and American Cancer Society. I engage my local political leaders and attend my local government meetings. I'd be willing to bet no one on this board does that. It is routine, boring shit.

I don't sign online petitions or that stuff. Money and action talks.

What do you do?

So you're not doing anything to help the people in Syria?  No other refugees? 

I'm not doing anything to help refugees, because I don't care.  But I donate money to the Shriners Hospital and the ASPCA, because I care about sick kids and dogs.  But we're not talking about domestic shit.  We're talking about refugees.  So the answer is you're not willing to do anything to help them, and neither am I or anyone else.  So quit the disingenuous concern for people you really don't give two shits about because they're on the other side of the world and are just as real to you and I as Frodo and Sam.

Who gives a fuck? Seriously, you're off the wall here. You create fake arguments and drone in absurdities because that's what happens when you defend the indefensible.

Randall Flagg

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you dictated what's up for discussion. I don't believe you care about the refugees. I don't believe a single one of you gives a fuck. That's why you're not doing anything to make it better. You think voicing the "right" opinion is enough. You're no different than the dipshits on the golden globes last night, except you have a smaller audience.

I openly admit I don't give a fuck about the refugees.  Trump is ensuring they can't be brought in here though some back door bullshit. You have some cunt at the DOJ refusing to enact the Presidents order. And you talk about obstructionism. No problem enforcing Obama's immigration order that was actually struck down in court. Quit pretending you give a fuck or this impacts you in anyway. Your actions say more than your comments on a forum. Giving $20 to a charity on Christmas doesn't change a god damn thing. Tweeting doesn't change a god damn thing. And feeling righteous for holding an opinion doesn't change a god damn thing.

Did you even bother to contact your congressman?  Did you write the White House?  If you couldn't be bothered to do these simplest things, to take 30 seconds out of your day, you're either the laziest human being ever, or you just don't give a shit about refugees.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you dictated what's up for discussion. I don't believe you care about the refugees. I don't believe a single one of you gives a fuck. That's why you're not doing anything to make it better. You think voicing the "right" opinion is enough. You're no different than the dipshits on the golden globes last night, except you have a smaller audience.

I openly admit I don't give a fuck about the refugees.  Trump is ensuring they can't be brought in here though some back door bullshit. You have some cunt at the DOJ refusing to enact the Presidents order. And you talk about obstructionism. No problem enforcing Obama's immigration order that was actually struck down in court. Quit pretending you give a fuck or this impacts you in anyway. Your actions say more than your comments on a forum. Giving $20 to a charity on Christmas doesn't change a god damn thing. Tweeting doesn't change a god damn thing. And feeling righteous for holding an opinion doesn't change a god damn thing.

Randall, you're the one dealing out what opinion is credible depending on the rules based on "Randall's world view." Donations to charity means fuck all in regards to our rights, government and our beliefs. You don't get to decide who's opinion matters or how genuine their sincerity is based on some ridiculous criteria you pull out of your ass.

Board footer