You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 456 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

Jeff Sessions questioning Sally Yates at her confirmation hearing in 2015.


SESSIONS: You have to watch out because people will be asking you to do things you just need to say “no” about. Do you think the Attorney General has the responsibility to say no to the President if he asks for something that’s improper? A lot of people have defended the [Loretta] Lynch nomination, for example, by saying, “Well [Obama] appoints somebody who’s going to execute his views. What’s wrong with that?” But if the views the president wants to execute are unlawful, should the Attorney General or the Deputy Attorney General say no?

YATES: Senator, I believe the Attorney General or the Deputy Attorney General has an obligation to follow the law and the Constitution, and to give their independent legal advice to the president.

Oh...

14

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Trump is a stupid cunt, there's just no other way to put. I'm pretty sure you're not, but you're being fooled by his bravado and posturing.

He's not fooled. He just wants to stand next to the winner. Prior to the election everybody thought it would be Hillary, including Flagg. So he took the opportunity to prove he wasn't a partisan hack and instead was a contrarian who saw Hillary as more capable. He even wrote a big post about it. Once Trump was the President Elect (or even when it became evident that he would probably win), he dropped that shtick and ran back to Daddy. There is no criticizing Trump now, none at all.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 112 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Trump is a stupid cunt, there's just no other way to put. I'm pretty sure you're not, but you're being fooled by his bravado and posturing.

He's not fooled. He just wants to stand next to the winner. Prior to the election everybody thought it would be Hillary, including Flagg. So he took the opportunity to prove he wasn't a partisan hack and instead was a contrarian who saw Hillary as more capable. He even wrote a big post about it. Once Trump was the President Elect (or even when it became evident that he would probably win), he dropped that shtick and ran back to Daddy. There is no criticizing Trump now, none at all.


You and Mitch are the only partisan hacks here.  You went on for years about Iraq and Bush calling him a war criminal and injecting the war into every discussion.  Then when Obama was elected, you went absolutely silent.  Not a single post condemning any of Obama's military actions.  And then when pressed, you pull out the bullshit excuse "you can't define my silence."  I don't have to, your sudden silence says more than you could.  You mocked Romney for his views on Russia, yucking it up with other clowns who thought we were in a new era.  You didn't say a fucking thing when Obama used EOs to overreach his authority, but now seem to think it's the end of the world.  You don't even read half the articles you post, coming in here claiming they show Trump worked with Putin or that Russia hacked our power grid, only to be called out on the bullshit and you go silent on the subject once again. 

The other mouth breathers may buy the bullshit, but I see right through it.  You're a smart guy, but you are completely incapable of being objective.  I have no doubt there are many things you're unhappy with the DNC for, but you'd never publicly express that because you're a cheerleader. 

I told you why I hated Trump.  He led the birther movement.  He insulted real fucking heroes like McCain.  But so did you and half the DNC.  I'm still terrified about what Trump will let happen with Putin and China.  I'm not convinced he has the cojones to do what's right.  I know Obama sure as hell didn't have a spine.  But with Clinton, I believed and still do that she would stand up to them. 

But so far all Trump has done is appoint Cabinent Secretaries I mostly like (Tillerson, Mattis and Flynn) and started his immigration orders which I've made clear for years I fully support.  Word around the campfire is Trump is going to deport legal immigrants who rely on public assistance.  OUTFUCKINGSTANDING!  That was a wet dream for me, something I never thought could happen. 

If McCain or Romney would have been the GOP nominee, you still would have voted for Clinton.  And that's the fucking problem.  No matter how bad the candidate is, people like you will pull the lever as long as there is a (D) next to their name.  One of us is willing to not toe the party line blindly.  And it's not you.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 112 

Re: US Politics Thread

https://gma.yahoo.com/trump-keep-intact … ories.html

Trump to keep Obama's LGBT protections in place. Please tell me how this is somehow wrong because Trump is behind it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 200 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You went on for years about Iraq and Bush calling him a war criminal and injecting the war into every discussion.  Then when Obama was elected, you went absolutely silent.  Not a single post condemning any of Obama's military actions.  And then when pressed, you pull out the bullshit excuse "you can't define my silence."  I don't have to, your sudden silence says more than you could.  You mocked Romney for his views on Russia, yucking it up with other clowns who thought we were in a new era.  You didn't say a fucking thing when Obama used EOs to overreach his authority, but now seem to think it's the end of the world.  You don't even read half the articles you post, coming in here claiming they show Trump worked with Putin or that Russia hacked our power grid, only to be called out on the bullshit and you go silent on the subject once again.

What is there to argue about Obama's military actions??  The Middle East was a mess The Rupublicans & Dick Cheney leftover for 'The Next Guy' to clean up.  Obama didn't start the war, he didn't want the war, he only promised to do his best in resolving it best he can while exiting with as few casualties as possible. Hard to argue.

As for Executive Orders, which in particular do you feel were botched as terribly as this?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump had a good talk with pharmaceutical folks.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 112 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You went on for years about Iraq and Bush calling him a war criminal and injecting the war into every discussion.  Then when Obama was elected, you went absolutely silent.  Not a single post condemning any of Obama's military actions.  And then when pressed, you pull out the bullshit excuse "you can't define my silence."  I don't have to, your sudden silence says more than you could.  You mocked Romney for his views on Russia, yucking it up with other clowns who thought we were in a new era.  You didn't say a fucking thing when Obama used EOs to overreach his authority, but now seem to think it's the end of the world.  You don't even read half the articles you post, coming in here claiming they show Trump worked with Putin or that Russia hacked our power grid, only to be called out on the bullshit and you go silent on the subject once again.

What is there to argue about Obama's military actions??  The Middle East was a mess The Rupublicans & Dick Cheney leftover for 'The Next Guy' to clean up.  Obama didn't start the war, he didn't want the war, he only promised to do his best in resolving it best he can while exiting with as few casualties as possible. Hard to argue.

As for Executive Orders, which in particular do you feel were botched as terribly as this?


I don't agree it was botched. Reports say 120 people were affected. A bunch of idiots calling it a Muslim ban and yelling the sky is falling doesn't make it true. More people were impacted by the protests outside airports and taxi strike than by Trump's EO.

PaSnow
 Rep: 200 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I don't agree it was botched. Reports say 120 people were affected.

That's the "Spicer Spin".  120 out of 300,000 lol.  Of course people who go from San Diego to Tiujuana, or El Paso to Ciudad Juarez on a weekend trip aren't affected by it, or visiting Niagra Falls lol.  And how about people vacationing to The Carribean.  Dwindle it down to people traveling from these countries and its probably down to 3,000. So it was a pretty large percentage. Secondly, the originally were banning green card holders, then have now admitted they reversed course on that. So they weren't even prepared on what to implement. Customs agents weren't even trained on the new policy either, it was pretty much heresay & whisper down the line. He even sent back a few improperly. The guys incompetent.

polluxlm
 Rep: 207 

Re: US Politics Thread

polluxlm wrote:

I for one am not tired of winning yet! 5

Trump is being so active you gotta wonder what the hell an ordinary politician does to justify his pay check.

Re: US Politics Thread

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I for one am not tired of winning yet! 5

Perhaps you'd like to explain how Trump has helped you as a Norwegian win so far?

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB