You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Garland would have been great yeas ago instead of those left wing clowns Obama got in there.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Here's hoping Ginsburg leaves soon and we can get another justice who loves the constitution and doesn't believe it's an ever changing document.

All I care about is abortion and other causes like that...

They are well on track to overturn Roe V Wade...

And let's not forget...the true appointee was nominated a year ago...by a process outline in the constitution- but we will overlook that won't we RF?

It's a vile and disgusting party over there on the right....justify just about anything.

I didn't condone that. You can find my posts condemning it. McConnel should have held a vote and voted no.

I didn't like Garland, but he deserved a vote.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Rachel Maddow now giving Trump shit because Gorsuch isn't anti abortion enough thus letting down his base and breaking a campaign promise. Lol

Merrick Garland was a fine candidate. I didn't like that either RF.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Rachel Maddow now giving Trump shit because Gorsuch isn't anti abortion enough thus letting down his base and breaking a campaign promise. Lol

I was following it a bit this morning & they seemed to have it narrowed down to 2 candidates, both seemed somewhat 'moderate' relatively speaking. Further right than Garland of course, but not extreme. It sounded Gorsuch was the more conservative of the two, but it seems both aren't true 'anti-abortion'. We'll see. Honestly tho I don't think Trump wants it overturned. He's probably paid for a few himself in his past.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I was following it a bit this morning & they seemed to have it narrowed down to 2 candidates, both seemed somewhat 'moderate' relatively speaking. Further right than Garland of course, but not extreme. It sounded Gorsuch was the more conservative of the two, but it seems both aren't true 'anti-abortion'. We'll see. Honestly tho I don't think Trump wants it overturned. He's probably paid for a few himself in his past.

No one really wants it overturned. And I don't think the court will. But any kind of regulation is heralded as an attempt to overturn roe v wade. Most not realizing roe v wade actually put a time limit on abortions.

Crime was skyrocketing in the late 80s and early 90s and crashed approx 18 years after Roe v Wade. I don't think that was a coincidence.

I personally favor liberal abortion laws. But I also think it's fine to ban abortion outside of risk to the mother or serious deformity/defect after the 2nd trimester.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

After 20 weeks makes me queezy.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Bin Laden and Obamacare is what you remember from the previous two terms. Trump has outdone him in less than two weeks.

This is a ridiculous statement. Much like your hero Trump, just made up straight out of thin air; facts are meaningless. This may be your standard for an argument, but it's not mine.

You should stick to what you know best: An in depth analysis of the lizard people and how they've infiltrated our society via the Illuminati.

And you should take note that your standard for politeness is a tad too base for this thread right now. For a lib you surely have the mouth of a redneck.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Chaffetz shocked that he is allowed to do his job:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm4-YyPo1Xk

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:

You should stick to what you know best: An in depth analysis of the lizard people and how they've infiltrated our society via the Illuminati.

This is hysterical coming from the guy who thinks 9/11 was an inside job.  I know you don't bring it up anymore because people started calling you crazy and you didn't like being attacked from your own side, but it doesn't change that you're  a conspiracy theorist. Weeks ago you were demanding they stop Trump or Pence from being sworn in because you thought there was evidence Trump was working with Putin.  Notice how that story has died down.  You don't ever get to make fun of other people for crazy shit they believe after what you've posted.  You had no problem linking infowars a few years ago.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

But I also think it's fine to ban abortion outside of risk to the mother or serious deformity/defect after the 2nd trimester.

Yeah I think about 4 months.

Smoking Guns wrote:

After 20 weeks makes me queezy.

Sounds about right.

Board footer