You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Australian Tour 2017

Smoking Guns wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Yeah I was stoked!  He is actually a really nice (hate using that adjective but it kinda fits) guy.  Very genuine, friendly and down to earth dude.

Very generous with his time for me and my friend I was with too which was awesome.

So awesome. Slash is the best. Great pics. And great documentary. Happy you got to meet him!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Been wanting to meet Slash for years, so I'm jealous you did, but happy for ya too mate!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ Cheers!

Yeah I was definitely wanting to meet him most for a long time and he didn't disappoint!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Did you ask him the hard hitting questions?!

1. Where's Izzy?
2. Where's Steven?
3. Where's Matt?
4. Where's the new music?

When you meet you're idols for the first time you're supposed to instantly make them hate you! Don't you get it?!

johndivney wrote:

When I met duff at a book signing for his first book I asked him about loaded supporting guns on tour/Eddie trunk had talked about it a few days prior.
But I am a dick.
I probably would ask Slash about Izzy if I met him. I'm sure plenty people do.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

When I met duff at a book signing for his first book

HMV Victoria Square?

I'd forgot how I fucked up missing it.

To be honest, though I'd probably missed my chance. The very few times I've encountered or came within a few feet of anyone, I'm a fan off... I've done some stupid stuff.

I probably would asked Duff something stupid like has he heard "The General"?

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

When I met duff at a book signing for his first book

HMV Victoria Square?

I'd forgot how I fucked up missing it.

To be honest, though I'd probably missed my chance. The very few times I've encountered or came within a few feet of anyone, I'm a fan off... I've done some stupid stuff.

I probably would asked Duff something stupid like has he heard "The General"?

Nah HMV was in the city centre then, beside game.
Also asked him what time gig was at because there was champions league football on I wanted to see first.
Got chucked out of the loaded gig that night for using the women's bogs. The men's were closed & id have had to walk out and into Katy dalys. I mean I didn't think it was a big deal but the fuckin bouncer tossed me out so hard he near threw me onto the road & oncoming traffic.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Did you ask him the hard hitting questions?!

1. Where's Izzy?
2. Where's Steven?
3. Where's Matt?
4. Where's the new music?

When you meet you're idols for the first time you're supposed to instantly make them hate you! Don't you get it?!

To be honest I don't really care about those things, perhaps with the exception of new music.

The concert I just saw did me fine.  It wouldn't bother me if Matt was never involved again.  I still think at some point once this tour is flogged to death that some type of tour with just the AFD 5 might occur?

Could have asked about new music but the thought didn't cross my mind.  Besides the guy was doing me a favour not expecting an interview.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I was being facetious.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I was being facetious.

Sorry totally missed that.  14