You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Turning off Karma

buzzsaw wrote:

How do you shut off Karma so the little crybabies don't give you negative points for being smarter than they are?  Snowflakes dominating this place these days.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:

How do you shut off Karma so the little crybabies don't give you negative points for being smarter than they are?  Snowflakes dominating this place these days.

I wouldn't get too worried.  Look like it's SLC.  He makes outlandish claims, defends conspiracy theories, then runs away when asked to defend a very specific claim.  Then again, I haven't met someone who thought 9/11 was an inside job and spent years posting about it on message boards as very objective or fair.  His 2 or 3 cohorts have driven everyone else away from the discussion and probably think they've accomplished something.

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Wait didn't you say their opinions "mean nothing"?

Isn't this the point where I should say "triggered"?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I pop in every month or so for a few days.  They can do whatever they want to do, but I'd prefer not to give one specific person the satisfaction he seems to get from it.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I wouldn't get too worried.  Look like it's SLC.  He makes outlandish claims, defends conspiracy theories, then runs away when asked to defend a very specific claim.  Then again, I haven't met someone who thought 9/11 was an inside job and spent years posting about it on message boards as very objective or fair.  His 2 or 3 cohorts have driven everyone else away from the discussion and probably think they've accomplished something.

Oh, that's exactly what's happened.  There's no point in trying to discuss anything with them, and the karma system is their way of patting each other on the back telling themselves how great they are.  They are completely abusing it, so I don't feel the need to feed their imaginary egos.  Or his as one person is really the problem.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

shutterstock_33974866-759x500.jpg

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

You have a whole forum section you've already tarded up.  There's no need for you to spread the plague to the rest of this place.  It's on life support as it is thanks to you.

Nice selfie btw.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Wait didn't you say their opinions "mean nothing"?

Isn't this the point where I should say "triggered"?

The irony is you have your karma turned off. So instead I have 4 hand written letters for you which proclaim your excellence as I see it...still waiting for a mailing address.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Karma is fun. I give good and bad. If you say something lame, or suck as a human being, I click on "bad karma." If you make me laugh, or used your brain I give you "good."

Some people take things way too seriously...

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

OK, just to appease you crybabies, I looked at the negative karma I gave. Four in total to buzz including this thread...in the last 22 weeks. Four negative karmas in 22 weeks, and this guy starts a thread over it.

Here is an example of one I said sucked for his (repeated) personal insults:

stupid.png

Should I award positive karma for this rude post? As not to hurt his feelings? If this forum has a negative karma feature, and somebody acts ummm, negative, then guess what?

This is a user whose majority of contributions include personal attacks and insults towards others. He accumulates 4 negative karma in 22 weeks and then declares publicly that he's being treated unjustly.

In the last 32 weeks I have awarded 1 negative and 2 positive to Flagg, yet apparently this ratio isn't enough to keep him happy either.

In all fairness to myself, I also awarded 1 positive karma to Buzz, but also told him he needed a hug and was a putz (because he does and he is)...but some people just see the negative in life I guess.

Board footer