You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

BLS-Pride wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I expect the BWOB to meet with Arya and head to Winterfell.  Outside of some minor skirmishes to clean up the outlying political conflict, I don't see a whole lot of time being dedicated to the political infighting.  Dany has her Dragons and 50k Dothraki.  There's not an army in the 7 kingdoms that can put up much of a fight.

I see them meeting up with red woman as she is heading south and they are heading north. Her telling them about Jon and then they ultimately will back the King in the north against the dead.

AtariLegend wrote:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea

I saw this earlier today...looks like a season of battles...now we can speculate why the episode count is lower...too much $$$ blown on FX

AtariLegend wrote:

Not shocked they've ret-conned Grey Worm having nothing down below, just so they can get in a Missandei sex scene.

I guess there's a quota fulfilling Asha/Ellaria lesbian sex scene too look forward to too though going by the trailer!

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

now we can speculate why the episode count is lower...too much $$$ blown on FX

Also spent more time filming than the previous seasons per the episodes.

Sure it's going to have alot of plot holes, but I'm sure the fan service is going to be really good!

Season 8 though is worrying. 6 episodes to end the story does not make sense. It's like getting to the end of The Two Towers and deciding the 3rd film to wrap up the story, only needs to be 15 minutes long.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The season hasn't even started and I already hate Sansa.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

The season hasn't even started and I already hate Sansa.

Yea, I think they really fucked her character up.   She's forced into being Jon's shadow in the North and the only way they can change that is to have her become a villain and work against Jon with Littlefinger.  I still can't get over how they had her hide the Vale Army from Jon.  "Go fight outnumbered and have hundreds of people die because I want to keep secrets from you and pretend to be empowered."

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Exactly. The only logical reason to hide that information was to screw him over, especially after demanding she be included on battle strategy, and when Jon says okay and asks what's your idea, she literally says, "I don't know."  He lead an out numbered army into a siege when she knew that the Vail was coming. That's unforgivable.

if they wanted to increase the drama have it that LF might help or might not. All she has to say is, "sorry." And Jon accepts it! He lost most of his army and his giant and it's okay? Bah.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Sansa and Arya both are agonizing story lines. At least Sansa interacts with the main cast. For how long was Arya like a sidequest on Zelda with no relation to the main story to speak of?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

That's largely because the show botched the Sansa story line.  I try not to be a book snob, but when you have a perfectly good story, you only deviate to make it better.  LF handing Sansa over to Ramsey was retarded.  There's not a single person who didn't think that when it happened.  It's completely out of character for the most manipulative guy in the story to hand over his biggest "prize" to a stranger.  Everything that happened after that is just bad story telling.

They cut out the entire plot where Sam meets Arya in Bravos on his way to the Citadel.  And other crucial details I won't spoil in case anyone wants to read the books. 

In D&D's attempt to go "YAY GIRLPOWER" they cut out the strongest female character in the entire story and turned Brienne into a she Hulk.  No depth to any of these women.  Dany just threatens to have a dragon set flame to anyone who pisses her off and Tyrion (a man) clams her down.  Cersei has a zombie and a necromancer (both men) do all of her bidding for her, which begs the question why is she important.  Sansa just stands there and looks pretty, always a fucking victim relying on someone else (always a man) to save her.  Asha/Yara has been made into an oversexualized stereotype, being completely robbed of her character development showing how strong she is and how respected she was by the Ironborne. Relegated to a whiny brat who demands the Iron Islands cause her daddy was in charge - completely neglecting the entire ironborne culture is about taking what you want and not relying on birthright or status to get what you want.  Then the Dorne abortion where again, a bunch of oversexualized bastards murder their own family and everyone is cool with it.  They completely cut out Arienne Martell who was the most empowered femaled character in the books.  She was smart and sexy and was always in control.  Instead we got "bad pussy" dialogue.   I don't know where the Tyrell story was/is headed, but I will give them props for how that was handled.  Cersei blowing up the Sept of Baelor was fucking awesome. 

I still greatly enjoy the show, but like I said, you have an amazing script.  You  should only deviate from that if you can make it better.  Not to take a great character like Loras who had all this depth and relegate him to being the "gay" character who shows up once a season with a naked dude and nothing else.  It lowers the intelligence of the story so that people who get giddy at the sight of tits on TV will be entertained, and there's so much more to the story than that.

Board footer