You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

Neemo wrote:

So yesterday I played my first game of the Star Wars Rebellion board game by Fantasy Flight Games

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/p … rebellion/

Pretty decent game actually, albeit it's pretty long, but I enjoyed it...star wars fans may want to look into it

AtariLegend wrote:

Met someone a few months ago that last said they worked as an extra on this, but wouldn't tell me anything sad.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

So no comments about the new trailer huh?

AtariLegend wrote:

No idea what happens, but I hope it's better/more original than the last one.

I really hope there's no Death Star IV!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I got really excited after the new trailer.

I've heard some people complaining it's the same as TFA trailer like beat for beat. They're spot on - but I always liked that trailer for pumping me up without giving too much away.

So I must say I'm looking forward to it.

Strangely I didn't really like Rogue One all that much even though most of my friends seem to think its the best in the series, so I'm looking forward to Ep8 to get back into things.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

monkeychow wrote:

I got really excited after the new trailer.

I've heard some people complaining it's the same as TFA trailer like beat for beat. They're spot on - but I always liked that trailer for pumping me up without giving too much away.

So I must say I'm looking forward to it.

Strangely I didn't really like Rogue One all that much even though most of my friends seem to think its the best in the series, so I'm looking forward to Ep8 to get back into things.

Yea. I'm super excited for episode 8. I'm looking forward to them turning the whole mythos upside down.

Like you, I didn't really care for Rogue One. The Vader scenes were awesome and I liked Jimmy Smits doing a cameo as Bail Organa. Outside of that, it just felt so filler. I think I said this when it came out, but the story could have been so much better if Jin's father was a Jedi in hiding and she watched Vader cut her father down as he was doing the 20 years between 3 and 4.   Forrest Whitaker's character contributed nothing and we had no reason to be invested in the new characters. Could have tossed Boba Fett to build on the nostalgia.

I just thought it was very underwhelming with some really cool scenes splashed in. It's certainly last in my ranking.  Hopefully they've improved on this with the Han Solo movie.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Over the past couple months I've been watching Star Wars Rebels...this morning I finished the 3rd season (most current)

It's been pretty good surprisingly .... some tying up of loose ends from The Clone Wars show and setting up for tie-ins to Rogue One and A New Hope

If u are into the whole expanded universe thing I recommend it

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

JJ Abrams is back in the Directors chair for Ep IX.  I'm actually syked for this, wouldn't want it to be something so important in novices hands. Say what you want about TFA but overall its solid. Mix in his Star Trek background & its the right choice.

Previously Colin Trevorrow of 'Jurassic World' was onboard, however The Book of Henry flopped. Unsure if thats what sealed the deal (seems like a peculiar movie, not a big budget, just a little drama from what I see on IMDB). Anyway, in the end its probably for the better. If you wanna get something done you gotta do it yourself so to speak.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jj- … 59250.html

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've heard on insider sites he was feuding for months with them. They fired his writing partner not too long ago and that was the last straw. Should've hired Matt Reeves instead, IMO.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Should've hired Matt Reeves instead, IMO.

Not familiar with him on a name basis, but good call. His imdb list looks thorough.  TBH tho I think Disney just made him do it to play it safe. After a near scare with Rogue One (They seemed nervous closer to its release, but fans love it), and the Hans Solo situation, and now this. Plus whatever the F they're messing up with ESPN they need monster hits out of Star Wars.

Board footer