You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

Just tonight the Comedy leaks are coming ... The infamous dinner supposedly went down very differently than Trump described. Apparently, he never asked for the dinner and refused to tell Trump if he was or wasn't under investigation.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Crowder has also proven to be incapable or unwilling to engage in a facts-based discussion on any of his claims when challenged by people who have better credentials than him on a given subject

This is demonstrably false. I'm not some Crowder fanboy, but he's had numerous guest with credentials. Protip, Bill Nye has a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. He's not a scientist or credentialed to talk about climate change or biology. Do you watch the young Turks?

Surely anyone citing Bill Nye as a source is skating on thin ice, he is - first and foremost - an entertainer. Having said that, Nye at least knows and understands the scientific method and seems to genuinely be committed to finding the most accurate scientific explanation for the topics he discusses. Just like I would not dismiss Nye "just" because he's an entertainer, I'm not holding the fact that Crowder is a comedian against him either: you can be funny and smart at the same time. You can be opinionated and still hold the scientific method dear.

However, Crowder routinely displays a blatant disrespect for honest discourse. For instance: after having his "5 myths of climate change" video discredited by an actual scientist over a year ago he still refuses to engage in an honest and moderated debate to defend his points. His "team crowder" routinely posts demonstrably skewed and misinterpreted scientific data, copying misquoted excerpts from tabloid media verbatim on their "reports" even after the misquotes have been demonstrated to be false.
He's just not intellectually honest, he merely argues a point in order to confirm his world view, not to learn new things or change his position. He seeks out data to match his foregone conclusions, not to actually come to an accurate conclusion.

No, I do not watch the Young Turks. I will admit I watched some of their election coverage, but then I also watched Crowder and Alex Jones a bit back then as well, just to see the argument from both sides. I do not think TYT is a credible source either.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump tweets that Comey should be careful, and indicates he's been "taped" at the WH.

Spicer is then asked three times if they are indeed recording people without their knowledge and will not answer.

I'm starting to think Trump is just bonkers now. Nobody in their right mind would say these things.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Does anyone else find this shit exhausting?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

I'm starting to think Trump is just bonkers now.

I do wonder about this. I think he's partially erratic too. Just a yeller who adores praise.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That's part of the plan. Eventually people will tire of it and just ignore it. To accomplish that, Turmp has to tweet and talk like a madman and do stupid stuff like have a law firm with ties to Russia say your taxes didn't show ties to Russia and also to direct leaks. Yes, some of the leaks are likely orchestrated by Trump, which is why he complains about them. To make it appear they aren't from inside.

Plus, you have to fire some folks and have your lackeys do terrible things like Sessions expanding, once again, the war on drugs, which is the most disastrous policy the U.S. has ever undertaken.

Spicer will be fired in the next couple of weeks to keep the crazy coming.

What do we focus on? It's almost to much. The chaso is organized.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yeah, that or he'll resign. I bet he's just gone at this point, the Comey thing probably was too much for him.

Wouldn't surprise me if something big happens the Friday before Memorial Day.  Friday News Dump as they say.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yeah, that or he'll resign. I bet he's just gone at this point, the Comey thing probably was too much for him.

Wouldn't surprise me if something big happens the Friday before Memorial Day.  Friday News Dump as they say.

Poor Spice. He looks exhausted. What a brutal job defending a madman who will throw you under the bus at any moment.

I figure he'll be gone soon enough and Huckabee will take his place.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That's part of the plan. Eventually people will tire of it and just ignore it. To accomplish that, Turmp has to tweet and talk like a madman and do stupid stuff like have a law firm with ties to Russia say your taxes didn't show ties to Russia and also to direct leaks. Yes, some of the leaks are likely orchestrated by Trump, which is why he complains about them. To make it appear they aren't from inside.

Plus, you have to fire some folks and have your lackeys do terrible things like Sessions expanding, once again, the war on drugs, which is the most disastrous policy the U.S. has ever undertaken.

What do we focus on? It's almost to much. The chaso is organized.

I was thinking this the other day. It's exhausting. Non stop insanity and chaos.

I used to think it was orchestrated, some days I still think so. But other times it just seems as if he's crazy and he is simply unable to stop bullshitting. He reminds me of a salesman that talks himself out of a deal 9/10 times. Could have closed 15 minutes ago, but kept BSing and now the prospects want to leave.

You're right though. While people are talking about his drama, Sessions just drilled down on tougher drug sentences for private prisons (I mean for drug "offenders.")

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

FUCK JEFF SESSIONS. HE IS FAR MORE DANGEROUS THAN TRUMP.

Board footer