You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Did the 5/25 Announcement live up to the hype? POLL

Smoking Guns wrote:

Please answer and comment.

Thanks,

Smoking Guns

Did yesterday's announcement live up to the hype?

Hell no, that was a total bullshit move, don't waste a promo video for that shit 77%
Hell yes, I am so excited about the arena tour coming to the same markets with no new music 23%
Total votes: 13
Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

haha, great poll

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

lol, we will see where the form stands!!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Neither answer applies for me. But it was what I expected. The true test will be to see how the shows sell. If they don't sell well because they're hitting the same markets again with the same setlist and no new music, then I think they'd be forced to do something to correct that. If they still sellout no problem, then that can wait. It's unfortunate for us, but that's the way it is. Outside of the hardcore fan base, others could care less about new music from GNR. They'd rather see them live and post about it on social media. It's the world we live in.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

If the tickets are in the 35-85 range, they will sell well... If they are 200-500, it won't sell well...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If the tickets are in the 35-85 range, they will sell well... If they are 200-500, it won't sell well...

It looks like they're over $100 to start. We'll see. I wasn't convinced the Stadium shows would sell as well as they did so they could surprise again.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

^ I'd guess they'll be somewhere in between.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It looks like they're over $100 to start. We'll see. I wasn't convinced the Stadium shows would sell as well as they did so they could surprise again.

Well the stadium shows were the first round and we didn't know how long this would last.. But now they are on the money train.. Could go on for 3 years like the UYI tour...

3 years of no interviews, videos, real promo, new music, etc... haha

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Where is the "indifferent" option?

Tbh I didn't even realize there was hype. Maybe that's why I'm not too bothered about the tour announcement ... lol

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It's black or white you must choose. Watch the promo video then look at outcome. No way in hell it lived up to that video.

Board footer