You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Did the 5/25 Announcement live up to the hype? POLL

Neemo wrote:

So i watched the vid from May 20

The text in the video says

Duff Axl Slash

April 1, 2016 - Reunite for Not in this lifetime tour

June 23, 2016 - Not in this lifetime tour kicks off in North America

October 27, 2016 - Not in the lifetime tour continues in South America and Mexico

December 5, 2016 - Additional 2017 stadium dates announced in UK, Europe, Israel, North America

January 21, 2017 - Not in this lifetime tour continues in Japan, new Zealand, Australia, and southeast Asia

March 3, 2017 - Not in this lifetime tour continues in Dubai, UAE

Wednesday May 24, 2017...

And the Facebook post is labelled

It doesn't end here...
#GnFnR #NotInThisLifetime Tour

Seems pretty clear to me what they were pushing

"We've toured for a year and we're not done yet"

Did yesterday's announcement live up to the hype?

Hell no, that was a total bullshit move, don't waste a promo video for that shit 77%
Hell yes, I am so excited about the arena tour coming to the same markets with no new music 23%
Total votes: 13
PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Didn't watch the promo, but no.  One big reason, I'd rather see them outdoors anyway, so an indoor show doesn't interest me.  They play Hershey PA this summer, I'm considering looking on stubhub. I think their 1st arena show date in Philly. TBH I'd rather goto Hershey anyway.

Aside from that, yeah not a big whoop. Just a tour extension. No buzz worth pushing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

Neither answer applies for me.

Same here. I was glad that I got a show this year so with the two choices presented, I had to choose yes.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

So i watched the vid from May 20

The text in the video says

Duff Axl Slash

April 1, 2016 - Reunite for Not in this lifetime tour

June 23, 2016 - Not in this lifetime tour kicks off in North America

October 27, 2016 - Not in the lifetime tour continues in South America and Mexico

December 5, 2016 - Additional 2017 stadium dates announced in UK, Europe, Israel, North America

January 21, 2017 - Not in this lifetime tour continues in Japan, new Zealand, Australia, and southeast Asia

March 3, 2017 - Not in this lifetime tour continues in Dubai, UAE

Wednesday May 24, 2017...

And the Facebook post is labelled

It doesn't end here...
#GnFnR #NotInThisLifetime Tour

Seems pretty clear to me what they were pushing

"We've toured for a year and we're not done yet"

Yeah, there were plenty of references to touring in that promo. It's not like they were leading you down some secret path. Granted they did mention the album releases too in the original video and other landmark events but I just think people chose their own path into hoping what the announcement would be.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

Same here. I was glad that I got a show this year so with the two choices presented, I had to choose yes.

Hey cool, wasn't sure if you made it or not. I know last year you were debating it.  Did you go yet or is the show later this year?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Poll:

1. Would you like a night of uninhibited sex with the supermodel of your choosing.

2. Or would you like your penis bitten off by an HIV infected transvestite prostitute.

You must answer!!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Poll:

1. Would you like a night of uninhibited sex with the supermodel of your choosing.

2. Or would you like your penis bitten off by an HIV infected transvestite prostitute.

You must answer!!

Hahahaha Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

My thread is as ridiculous as the promo video. And their tribute video to the victims in Egypt was touching. Like I said, they jumped on that Fucking bandwagon. I would be a great manager for GNR and end this amateur hour shit.

Funny post though ID, funny post.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

Hey cool, wasn't sure if you made it or not. I know last year you were debating it.  Did you go yet or is the show later this year?

Only reason I didn't go last year to the bay Area show is my cancer scare. It literally paralyzed me. I wasn't going to any huge event and possibly have a health issue come up in the middle of it. It sucked but what the hell.

One thing that really sucked was for the Vegas shows Will offered to let me stay at his hotel and the next day(on the day of the show), SG had an extra ticket but I couldn't drive there in time for the show. Had I known those dominoes would fall, I would've drove there the night before.

Couple weeks later is when I started pissing blood and a bunch of other symptoms(numb legs, etc.).

I'm just glad I somehow dodged the cancer bullet and am alive.

These announced shows are the first shows in my area since. LIke last time, I'll wait until scalpers lower their prices a couple weeks before the show. In June I'm going to Six Flags Discovery Kingom, maybe Magic Mountain.

I was actually waiting on Soundgarden tour dates here in the fall. sad I'm not missing GNR this time because you never know what might happen. Cornell's death is a perfect example of that.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So I ran this exact same poll on myGNR and the results were 102, no it did not live up to the hype to 14 that it did live up to the hype.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

You guys seem to only be talking about the video that wasn't as misleading...what about the other one from May 20. It said:

The Beginning...

1976 - Slash moves to LA
1982 - Axl moves to LA
1985 - Duff moves to LA

June 6 - 1985 Band played at troubadour

Occt 10 1985 - Paradise City

Aug 23 1986 - Performed at Whiskey A Go Go

Jul 21 1987 - Appetite for Destruction Album Released

Aug 1 1987 - First video Welcome to the Jungle - shot in hollywood

Aug 14 1987 - Dec 19 1988 - Appetite for Destruction Tour

June  3 1988 - First Numer One Single - Sweet Child Of Mine

Sep 7 1988 - Performed Welcome to the Jungle at the MTV VMAS

November 24 1988 - GNR lies Album released

Feburary 1989 - First Band in 15 years with 2 records in the top 5

September 11 1989 - January 22 1990 - Favourite Heavy Metal Hard Rock Album , Favourite Heavy Metal Hard Rock Artist, Best Heavy Metal Video

January 20 1991 - July 17 1993 - Use your illusion tour

June 19 1991 - You Could be Mine

August 31st 1991 - Sold Out Wembley Stadium

September 10 1991 - Don't Cry Single released in USA

September 17 1991 - Use Your Illusion Albums released

June 2 1992 - November Rain Single Released

September 7 1992 - November Rain wins video vanguard award

May 1993 - Best Selling Hard Rock Artist of the Year Best Group

Novermber 23 1993 - The Spaghetti  Incident Released

1996 - 1997 Slash and Duff Leave GNR

Jan 1 2001 - May 16 2014 - Chinese Democracy Tour, Chinese Democracy Album, Up Close and Personal Tour, Appetite for Democracy Tour

April 1 2016  Duff Axl Slash Reunite for Not in this Lifetime Tour

June 13 Tour Kicked off in detroit
# GNR

---

The whole video only gets to NITL in the last 13 seconds....and it is mostly about album and single releases...so they post that...as "The Beginning" - then the same day they post this stuff about how it's not over....

Board footer