You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: European Tour 2017 Thread

war wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Whole Lotta Rosie day in and day out. Fuck them seriously, GNR is the most boring, stale and predictable band around.

Predictable, yes, much like your posts. i can avoid reading the setlists  and avoid watching shitty cell phone videos on youtube until i see the show with my son (who will be seeing his first show) and it will be different then the last time i went to see gnr, which was different than the previous and so forth.

Ragnar wrote:

If fanbase is content to line up like a flock of sheep and fatten their pockets, let them have it.

My Thoughts exacty

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
war wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Whole Lotta Rosie day in and day out. Fuck them seriously, GNR is the most boring, stale and predictable band around.

Predictable, yes, much like your posts. i can avoid reading the setlists  and avoid watching shitty cell phone videos on youtube until i see the show with my son (who will be seeing his first show) and it will be different then the last time i went to see gnr, which was different than the previous and so forth.

Ragnar wrote:

If fanbase is content to line up like a flock of sheep and fatten their pockets, let them have it.

My Thoughts exacty
[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watc`reh?v=V1F49RKNWgA[/embed]

So, basically what you`re saying is, you`re all content with being a docile flock of sheep. It`s fine by me 14

It`s comical how much phoning in Axl gets away with because Slash stands next to him. If it were the previous lineup, you all would be bitching endlessly how boring and predictable it was but since it`s Salsh, you`re alright with it. By all means, carry on taking whatever is offered to you.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Ragnar wrote:
war wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Ragnar wrote:

My Thoughts exacty
[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watc`reh?v=V1F49RKNWgA[/embed]

So, basically what you`re saying is, you`re all content with being a docile flock of sheep. It`s fine by me 14

It`s comical how much phoning in Axl gets away with because Slash stands next to him. If it were the previous lineup, you all would be bitching endlessly how boring and predictable it was but since it`s Salsh, you`re alright with it. By all means, carry on taking whatever is offered to you.

You're right, we should all join you on your pedestal, lamenting the near 3 hour shows that Axl, Slash and Duff are doing because it has basically the same setlist as a show earlier in the week that we weren't at. Baaaaaa.

The CD era was meant to be about moving forward and relaunching GNR in it's own right. That never really materialised and in the end we got a glorified cover band playing a 25 year old album whilst supposedly sitting on a 'vault' of new material.

This tour is about the reunion, so it's going to be a GH type setlist. To the people there on Saturday was the show any worse for playing Rosie (a song they've been playing since the 80's) instead of a UYI deep cut?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They could be doing nothing... Is that better?

The London show is getting killer reviews.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't really mind the setlist. I like that it's hits and CD songs as a fan of both bands.

I would probably rearrange the order a bit though - I feel the second half of the show has too many ballads near each other - particularly near the encore section....I think we need another rocker around there to go with PC...but that's a small issue.

To me it is very noticeable how Axl's voice struggles some nights though. When he has a good night (Eg Houston Tx 2016) it's incredible...but there's a lot of shows where it's much weaker sounding unfortunately.

I think they should record and he could tailor the songs to suit what he can still do. Like use that Ac/Dc yell he has going on for them over a modern slash riff. That would be cool.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'd like to see them open with Nightrain again. I'd love to hear Locomotive but I don't think Axl's voice could do it. I think they're playing the safe list, and they really don't have the stoutest catalogue either.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPUcmVB4Bac&t=542s

Pretty cool seeing a day show in HQ.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPUcmVB4Bac&t=542s

Pretty cool seeing a day show in HQ.

Was at the show, near the front. Holy shit, this tour is amazing. Goosebumps the whole way through.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've yet to see a show that was as good on youtube as it was being there.  Maybe you overlook some of the weakness of the voice because the experience is so good, but it really doesn't matter.  The fact is most singers in their 50s and beyond can't hit the notes like they used to.  Just in the past couple years I've seen Def Leppard, Van Halen, Paul McCartney, Huey Lewis, Paul Simon, Toto, Billy Joel, and probably some others.  They all showed some signs of age.  The only older one I thought didn't that I've seen recently is Stevie Wonder. 

Axl was hit and miss live in the 90s.  You can't realistically expect it to be good every night in 2017.  Enjoy the experience for what it is.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Houston the best so far.

Board footer