You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

His mother was Lyanna Stark. He was raised by Ned. He's just as much Stark as he is Targaryen. And unlike Sansa, Jon has blead for his country folk.

But northerners believe Rhagaer kidnapped and raped Lyanna, which, in their eyes, he'd be the product of that, including the murders of Ned's dad and brother. He'd be a pretty big threat to Dany, too.

True, but they've also declared him the King of the North and the White Wolf.  He avenged the red wedding and killed the Boltons.  Meanwhile as Lyanna Mormont said, is Sansa a Stark, Bolton, or Lannister?  The Hound is in the North, and he was front and center when Littlefinger put his dagger to Ned's throat in the court room.  The North Remembers, and after all Jon has done and his legend has grown, I don't see Sansa or Littlefinger being able to turn the North against him.  Not to mention Sansa only has the nights of the Vale on her side (and how many of them recognize the threat of LF - Royce certainly does) while Jon rallied the North, the wildlings and Night's watch on his side. 

And finally, Jon doesn't care about being King.  He's worried about the Others.   If Sansa wants winterfell, she can have it.  Just help him get an Army to save the world.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I totally forgot about the Hound and that he knows about LF. Holy shit, that does change everything. Especially since he's joined the BWB. I really think Sansa is going to turn heel and there will be a showdown between she and Arya.

Randall Flagg

So we're less than 3 weeks out. 

Who is going to die this season?

My list:

1.) The Sandsnakes - anyone connected to the Dorne Betrayal.  There's just no room for them in the show's story. 
2.) The Mountain.  Cleganebowl! get pumped.  Dany's able to take King's Landing.  Cersei and Jamie may live, but Cersei's zombie won't
3.) Euron Greyjoy.  He's the most evil of any character introduced yet, though I don't know if the show has properly captured this.  The show can't have the White Walkers and Euron in season 8, so he's got to go.
4.) Benjen Stark.   Technically he's already dead, but I think he's going to go permanently this time saving Jon and his companions on their voyage north.

I'm sure a lot of others will go, especially with that ranging with Jon and the 11 others beyond the wall in the previews.  But those 4 I'd put money on won't be alive at the end of the season.

My big problem with this season is that if you recall, Jeor Mormont already sent the hand of a wight to King's Landing in season 1.  No one gave a shit.  So why will Jon and his company bringing back part of a dead wight matter?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So we're less than 3 weeks out. 

Who is going to die this season?

My list:

1.) The Sandsnakes - anyone connected to the Dorne Betrayal.  There's just no room for them in the show's story. 
2.) The Mountain.  Cleganebowl! get pumped.  Dany's able to take King's Landing.  Cersei and Jamie may live, but Cersei's zombie won't
3.) Euron Greyjoy.  He's the most evil of any character introduced yet, though I don't know if the show has properly captured this.  The show can't have the White Walkers and Euron in season 8, so he's got to go.
4.) Benjen Stark.   Technically he's already dead, but I think he's going to go permanently this time saving Jon and his companions on their voyage north.

I'm sure a lot of others will go, especially with that ranging with Jon and the 11 others beyond the wall in the previews.  But those 4 I'd put money on won't be alive at the end of the season.

My big problem with this season is that if you recall, Jeor Mormont already sent the hand of a wight to King's Landing in season 1.  No one gave a shit.  So why will Jon and his company bringing back part of a dead wight matter?

Littlefinger will die by the hands of Arya. If she gets home there is no way she won't see through his bullshit. I have a feeling Jon won't be at Winterfell much this season or he would do it himself.

And I think Jon and company are going to try and capture a wight. It's the only way to get people not of the North to believe.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I think LF is a dead man. But I think it will be Sansa who kills him. And one of the dragons. Yara Greyjoy.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's getting harder to kill key players.  I think this may be a relatively tame season and all hell will break loose for the last season.  If LF bites the dust, they shorten the list of interesting and cunning people that can go either direction greatly.  They need to keep as many of the less predictable people around as long as they can or the story will be told before it is actually finished.

misterID

misterID wrote:

This season is going to be short. And next season, the last season, will be even shorter, so they're running out of time of bringing it all together. I can see Euron and Cersi coming together this season.

Oh, and I say Gray Worm dies this season. My big swerve prediction? Dany dies next season giving birth to Jon Snow's kid.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This season is going to be short. And next season, the last season, will be even shorter, so they're running out of time of bringing it all together. I can see Euron and Cersi coming together this season.

Is Jon going to Force choke her and she dies of a broken heart?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Ha, I know, it is a little Star Warsy. I'm really just pulling it out of some stuff I've seen and read. Like, a lot of Targaryan births result in the mother dying (take Lyanna for example). And the prophecy the old witch gave when Drogo died, that he would return when she bore another kid and it lived. I take that as her dying in child birth, either seeing his spirit, or Drogo being reincarnated as her son. I'm rarely right with this stuff and I'm sure Randall knows the prophecies better than I do.

Randall Flagg

They're completely off the books now.  Dany was promised 3 loves and 3 betrayals in the house of the undying. She's had 2 and 1 of each on the show thus far.  Maybe 2/2 in the books, but prophecy is a bitch to fully grasp as you've seen with Melisandre.  I guess they could expound on the Sons of the Harpy and say Hizdhar was behind them too, making him her 2nd betrayal.  She's going to be betrayed once more, but I have no idea whom on the show.  My best guess would be Dario, but I don't even know if he'll appear again since it seems they're done with Essos.  That leaves Varys or Tyrion.  Tyrion is the more tragic character, so assuming they don't ignore the prophecy, he's who I'd wager the show will do.  Her 3rd love is obviously going to be Jon.

Cersei will be killed by Jamie.  The show skipped this part of her prophecy in the flashback, but Maggy the Frog told her that she'd be killed by the valonqar, or little brother in High Valyrian.  She's always assumed this was Tyrion, which is the basis for much of her animosity towards him, but Jame was born 2nd.  And since Jamie already killed one king to stop them from burning King's Landing, it seems reasonable if Cersei tries to burn the city rather than submit to Dany, he might find himself in the same situation again. 

They've done the backstory of Azor Ahai on the show, so to make the true light bringer, whomever the Prince that was promised ends up being, will need to plunge their sword into the beating hear of their spouse.  Maybe that's the 3rd betrayal Dany will see.  Jon will plunge his sword into her in order to make a sword powerful enough to stop the Night King.

There's a popular theory that Jamie is Azor Ahai, because it's likely he'll kill Cersei in the aforementioned scenario, and fulfill the requirement of creating light bringer.

The Last Hero, the North's version of Azor Ahai (AA is the term used by those who follow the Red God in Essos), fought the Others in the Long Night with 12 companions and a dog.  How many people do we see with Jon, North of the wall in the trailer?  12.  Who could be the dog?  Oh yea, Ghost (or The Hound if you want to be funny).  If they follow the story of the Last Hero, the 12 companions and dog will die, leaving the Last Hero alone.  The original Last Hero was saved by the Children of The Forrest and created a blade that would defeat the Others.   Who's uncle is still North of the Wall as an agent of the COTF?  That's right, Uncle Benjen.  So there's a good chance everyone who goes North of the Wall will die besides Jon.

Board footer