You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

I'm blaming the banks for lying to their customers and being overall shady. If you want to defend them then go ahead.

I don't know how you're saying they're being twisted exactly. Do you agree with candidate Trump its like 30-40%?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm blaming the banks for lying to their customers and being overall shady. If you want to defend them then go ahead.

I don't know how you're saying they're being twisted exactly. Do you agree with candidate Trump its like 30-40%?

So the person has no responsibility to know what they are signing or doing?  It's all the bank's fault?  They should just take whatever the bank gives them without doing any research on their own in an era where research is easier than ever?  I don't think I'll ever agree with that.

I don't know what the number is (assuming you're referring to unemployment) .  I don't pretend to have access to all of the data needed to make a fair assessment.  Do I think it's 5% or whatever Obama claimed it was?  No, even if you exclude the people not making an effort I'm pretty sure it's higher than that.  30-40%?  No, it's not that either, though I don't know what he was referring to when he made the statement because I ignore most of the hot air coming from Trump.  If you're counting under-employed meaning people qualified for good jobs that took shitty ones to put food on the table, it's probably in the mid-teens at least.  The numbers can be manipulated to say a lot of different things depending on what you're looking at.  Technically the under-employed are employed, but they are making $12/hr at Home Depot instead of 60K as an electrician or whatever (just making up the numbers here as I am not a trades industry expert).  So yes they are employed, but that person will tell a different story than the numbers will.  People get all caught up in the numbers; I tend to get more caught up in the personal situations.  Since I hear people's stories way more than I hear numbers, I focus on the people.  What are they saying?  How are they feeling?  They (in general) don't feel as good about things as Obama did.  Doesn't mean they are right and doesn't mean that there aren't people (myself included) that are doing great.  All I can do is relay the experiences I have which are at least real.  Numbers are numbers and they are fine, but real-life experiences trump any number in my book.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Let me say this as clear as possible, they are being misled, manipulated and lied to. Yes, predatory lenders are bad.

If Trump was right we'd be in the great depression part 2. The numbers matter - people who decide not to work because they'd make more on unemployment. People who choose not to work. And young people who don't work full time. And people retire. Those numbers are what SG demanded me count. No. The numbers are good and got better under Obama. If people don't feel it, it doesn't mean what what they're feeling is true. Data matters more than an individual's anecdotes. The reality is the economy is better.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm going to do something my conservative friends won't do for Obama. I'm going to list all the good stuff Trump has done since being in office:

1. He saved the printed media. Newspapers are alive and well!
2. Ratings for news channels are at record highs. And they said TV news is dead...
3. Late night comedy is booming.
4. Saturday Night Live is funny again. Melissa McCarthy's Spicer impression is a masterpiece.
5. We actually see what a president is thinking in real time thanks to his twitter use.
6. He has proven what lying hypocrites the Christian Conservatives are. Their support has lost them the moral high ground.
7. The First lady is nice to look at, but I feel bad for her.
8. Shown what idiots his children are and shining a light on his shady dealings.
9. Proven the saying that anyone can be president is true.
10. Proven not everyone should be president.
11. Showing who the good republicans are.
12. Still hoping he uses his nefarious powers for good.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Let me say this as clear as possible, they are being misled, manipulated and lied to. Yes, predatory lenders are bad.

I didn't say they weren't bad, but the people taking them up on their offers are idiots.  You choose to blame one side, I choose to blame the other.  Shocking...

If Trump was right we'd be in the great depression part 2. The numbers matter - people who decide not to work because they'd make more on unemployment. People who choose not to work. And young people who don't work full time. And people retire. Those numbers are what SG demanded me count. No. The numbers are good and got better under Obama. If people don't feel it, it doesn't mean what what they're feeling is true. Data matters more than an individual's anecdotes. The reality is the economy is better.

The numbers don't matter when nobody is talking about the same numbers.  Obama skewed the numbers in his favor.  Nobody can deny that with a straight face unless they are a complete bullshitter.  That's just a fact.  The numbers got "better" under Obama because he decided that a bunch of people didn't matter.  I choose not to agree with him.  They matter even if they don't to you or Obama.  Politicians love to play the technicality game and they suck people like you right into it.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm going to do something my conservative friends won't do for Obama. I'm going to list all the good stuff Trump has done since being in office:

1. He saved the printed media. Newspapers are alive and well!
2. Ratings for news channels are at record highs. And they said TV news is dead...
3. Late night comedy is booming.
4. Saturday Night Live is funny again. Melissa McCarthy's Spicer impression is a masterpiece.
5. We actually see what a president is thinking in real time thanks to his twitter use.
6. He has proven what lying hypocrites the Christian Conservatives are. Their support has lost them the moral high ground.
7. The First lady is nice to look at, but I feel bad for her.
8. Shown what idiots his children are and shining a light on his shady dealings.
9. Proven the saying that anyone can be president is true.
10. Proven not everyone should be president.
11. Showing who the good republicans are.
12. Still hoping he uses his nefarious powers for good.

This is just ignorant.  The same shit you get pissed that people do about your black Jesus. 

None of these people give a shit about anything to do with you other than your vote and your tax dollars.  Congratulations.  You're as big of a tool as the people you berate on a daily basis.

misterID

misterID wrote:

And there goes the meltdown. It was a joke because none of you have ever said anything good about Obama, which we were criticized for doing to Trump earlier. Man, if you're that sensitive over your bloated orangutan.... 15

16 Obama didn't manipulate the numbers, he didn't have any say over them. That's hilarious. He should have bragged about that shit. Trump's guy, Pfizer, is the one who tried to manipulate those numbers by writing an article where he mentioned everyone I did in that post, like counting retirees as unemployed, which SG even repeated here. You are a riot!!

Yes, the people you talk to are a more accurate reading of unemployment data than the Bureau of Labor.

Yes, Buzz, you blame the victim. We get it...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

You're ignorance keeps shining through.  He's not my anything since I didn't vote for him.  He's as useless as Obama was and all politicians in the past 20ish years. 

I don't give the "victim" a free pass when they are a willing "victim" as they are in these cases like you do.  I expect them to have some accountability for their own lives.

I thought we all knew the criteria for the unemployment numbers were changed by Obama's administration.  That actually happened.  I didn't know we were denying undeniable facts.  And since you clearly don't understand English, nowhere did I say that people I talk to are interpreting unemployment data.  They don't give a shit what the numbers say; they only care about what is actually happening in their lives.  Learn something for once.  You're awfully compassionate for the people that take out bad loans, yet you appear to have no sympathy for those not riding high on the hog from King Obama's fantastic economy.

Reading comprehension not your strong point.  Can't have a conversation with you because you clearly don't understand or want to understand a word I'm saying.  Go back to your little ego stroking with your two buddies.  I gave you another shot and not at all surprisingly you failed miserably.  See ya!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/holiday-week … 49379.html

Saw this headline.  100 people shot in Chicago this weekend.  Almost entirely in the South and West sides.  Hmm, who lives in those areas, Mitch?  Probably those evil white males you're always ranting about.  Couldn't possibly be anyone else.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No, even if you exclude the people not making an effort I'm pretty sure it's higher than that.

That's not how they calculate UE anyway, stupid.

And Obama wasn't "claiming it", the Department of Labor was/is "claiming it", stupid.

Suddenly though, highly educated economists, working for the bureau of labor statistics, who compile employment data and who have provided reports to our government for decades aren't reporting accurately. Yea...sure, stupid.

Board footer