You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'm just shocked he released these emails. They do him no favors. I'll give him credit for transparency, but it doesn't alleviate him from what he's entering into. This is getting really bad.

It's nuts. But my only guess is they are trying to get out front on this.

Jr. has hired a criminal attorney now, and my guess is they would rather try and be open (haha, sure) about this, then have the NYT kill them with a 1000 cuts/a new article every three days.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This meeting occurred before the leaks.  And nothing has been put out there that suggests Jr received anything or this woman had any connection to the hacks?

C'mon, it's called common sense. Secondly, give it a few more weeks, it'll come out.  You keep yelling out "There's nothing there", then, when a couple weeks later some more news comes out about it, you say "Oh please, there's nothing else there".  Then, a few more weeks later MORE news breaks, you say again "Oh please, there's nothing else there. Is that all you have?".  Its a never ending cycle with you.  I've said from the start it might take 1-2 years for all this to go down. It's not looking good right now, wouldn't surprise me if by New Years this whole things a huge mess.

This x 1000. ^^^

Why would anybody defend Trump to being with? It seems like such a losing proposition. Flagg hates liberals more than he likes Trump, so there is the issue. It's all he knows: argue with liberals. So even though he was against Trump, he must defend Trump, because...liberals. At some point though you must realize you're making an ass out of yourself. Right?

Right?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

He didn't say it was illegal. That's why we have investigations. They could find he was soliciting dirt from Russia. But when you're intentionally going into a meeting with the intent of getting dirt, like stolen emails, it does not bode well.

Ethics violations, breaking your oath of office might not get you in jail, but it could get you impeached. This is another thing that goes behind the decision of stopping the FBI/Russia investigation.

Is the President associated with this?  What leads you to believe this had anything to do with emails?  This meeting occurred before the leaks.  And nothing has been put out there that suggests Jr received anything or this woman had any connection to the hacks?  So I'll ask again, how is this any different than the DNC and Clinton's team meeting with the Ukrainian Ambassador to get dirt on Trump?

I know the answer is it isn't, and this is just more false alarms and howling at the wind.  You acknowledged nothing illegal has happened, so why the story?  It it because like I said earlier, none of you are interested in truth, least of all being consistent in your principals and applying them to yourselves and your own leaders.  You're interested in creating chaos, because you still haven't learned that yelling at the other side for doing exactly what you do, and offering no solutions to any of the problems that affect the majority, is why your party is at its weakest point in American history.

Please,  keep yelling about every story that comes out there.  It's doing wondrous things for credibility.

But thanks for acknowledging early on this time that there is no evidence and nothing illegal has occurred.  Now if we could just stop pretending every made up story is the end of the world, we'd be making real progress.  Small steps though.

Try reading. We are saying things are being investigated, there might be something illegal, might not. We're not screaming anything definitive like you are. That's why we have investigations. As opposed to someone yelling...

THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!! LIES!!!! DEMOCRATS ARE WEAK!!! YOUR PARTY IS DYING!!! NOTHING ILLEGAL!!!! SHOW ME THE DOCUMENTS, NO THE ACTUAL DOCUMENTS, BRING ME PUTIN FOR HIM TO TELL ME HIMSELF OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! HILLARY!!!!!! IT'S LIES!!!! OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're bending over backwards trying to deflect and acting like a drama queen to protect Don some odd reason.

I'm sure Muller will find this interesting with his obstruction investigation... Trump's campaign not only lied about meeting with Russians, including this specific Russian, but one who they thought had dirt on Hillary. When you ask why Don would want to stop the investigation, this could come into play.

I can read just fine.  Thanks though.  This time, YOU covered your ass and admitted you didn't know if it was true or illegal.  This time.  Every other time, you and or others have come in here claiming this is the big one (Remember when SLC claimed Flynn was going to "flip on Trump", then a few weeks later said he never said any of this nor that Trump was ever under investigation). 

I'm not going to get sucked into the trap of defending Jr.  I don't know what happened.  SLC called me and SGs out for remaining silent, as he started to rant about how this is treason and the latest evidence of collusion (watch, he won't defend the Treason claim and ignore these parts of my posts because it shows he's a liar or just stupid).  As I've said since this story broke, I have no idea what happened.  On the surface, nothing is illegal about meeting with someone from Russia, just as it's not illegal to meet from someone from the UK or Ukraine like Clinton's campaign did.  If something else happened, I'd like to know.  But I'm not going to join your circle jerk of speculation and giddiness thinking you've finally got your smoking gun to end Trump.  I'm not interested.  I didn't join the party when the idiots were yelling "Lock her up" and I'm not going to join in with the dipshits yelling "Impeach" or "Collusion".  Consistency.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pence-distan … 23677.html

John Dickerson, anchor of CBS’s “Face the Nation,” asked Pence on Jan. 15: “Did any adviser or anybody in the Trump campaign have any contact with the Russians who were trying to meddle in the elections?”

“Well, of course not,” Pence replied. “And I think to suggest that is to give credence to some of these bizarre rumors that have swirled around the candidacy.”

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This meeting occurred before the leaks.  And nothing has been put out there that suggests Jr received anything or this woman had any connection to the hacks?

C'mon, it's called common sense. Secondly, give it a few more weeks, it'll come out.  You keep yelling out "There's nothing there", then, when a couple weeks later some more news comes out about it, you say "Oh please, there's nothing else there".  Then, a few more weeks later MORE news breaks, you say again "Oh please, there's nothing else there. Is that all you have?".  Its a never ending cycle with you.  I've said from the start it might take 1-2 years for all this to go down. It's not looking good right now, wouldn't surprise me if by New Years this whole things a huge mess.

Come on dude, that is so not true.  Nothing you guys (I'm not really including you, since you didn't go head first into the conspiracy like others) have claimed has come to fruition.  Not a single claim.  You confuse me calling the idiots who come in here every day saying "THIS IS IT!" out and asking for evidence to support their claims, with saying "NOTHING WRONG/ILLEGAL HAS EVER HAPPENED OR WILL EVER HAPPEN".  Quite the opposite.  I just want evidence.  Not "gut feelings", rumors, speculation, or more commonly - a complete misreading of a news article (refer to SLC saying Bush's Ethics Lawyers said this is "tantamount to impeachment"). 

I've made it crystal clear I don't approve of the way Trump conducts himself.  I don't like that the Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats were in 2009.  Nothing is getting done.  And Trump embarrasses himself every day with something new.  None of that negates that the man hasn't done anything illegal, the "collusion" claims from the left and from members on this forum, were complete bunk and shot down.

And worse, in nearly every instance of some "wrong doing" by Trump or an associate, there is more evidence of the same crime directly to Clinton or someone in her campaign, and it's hand waived and excused.   Yes, Trump is the President.  None of that has anything to do with excusing possible illegal actions of the person that nearly everyone on this forum, to include me, voted for.  If you only scream when Trump or a Republican allegedly does something, but ignore and excuse when more evidence of illegal activity occurred among your own group, you don't have any credibility. 

I ask for actual evidence, you know, the kind of shit that actually holds up in a court of law and not just in the conspiracy wings of the internet.  When there's actual evidence, I'll look.  But so far all I've seen are a lot of people crying wolf or injecting conspiracy into completely benign actions, like Sessions meeting with the ambassador publicly in his office

Why do you have to lie and exaggerate, dude?

You never ask to see evidence for anyone but Trump. I mean, evidence that could be held up in court, which is hilarious, btw. When have you ever had that evidence on Hillary or Obama? What has been declared bunk?

You continually ignore that they LIED about meeting Russian's, including in Juniors emails. You're the one acting like this is a huge conspiracy and there's absolutely nothing wrong.

You denied any investigations were happening.

According to you, this isn't even happening right now, its an optical illusion, because at some point months ago, it was all declared bunk and Trump has been totally cleared. When did that happen?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This x 1000. ^^^

Why would anybody defend Trump to being with? It seems like such a losing proposition. Flagg hates liberals more than he likes Trump, so there is the issue. It's all he knows: argue with liberals. So even though he was against Trump, he must defend Trump, because...liberals. At some point though you must realize you're making an ass out of yourself. Right?

Right?

This is actually a fair observation and something I try to be mindful of.  It's completely false that I'm defending Trump.  Asking for evidence is hardly a defense.  I'm just not going to feign outrage at every story the media creates and you guys fall for until something shinier comes forward. 

I could list all the things I've bitched about Trump in the past few months, but that won't solve anything.  Flagg doesn't join in the new conspiracy each week and asks questions, so he's somehow Trump's biggest supporter.  I don't understand that logic, but at least this post was somewhat honest rather than just a smear and distortion of what either of us said.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Jr. has hired a criminal attorney now, and my guess is they would rather try and be open (haha, sure) about this, then have the NYT kill them with a 1000 cuts/a new article every three days.

Actually you're probably onto something. Word was probably getting around there were 'rumored' but likely or accurate accounts of emails circulating. The Trumps & WH probably got a jump on it and figured it'd be better to release it themselves, then have the media leak it.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No, they didn't  Can you link the article where W's ethics lawyers called it a crime?

"Boarders on Treason."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05cU89C7YB0

And Jill Wine-Banks...

'IT IS COLLUSION': Watergate special prosecutor draws the line after Trump Jr.'s email revelation

Former assistant Watergate special prosecutor Jill Wine-Banks drew a clear line on Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer, after a bombshell New York Times report on Monday revealed that he was told in an email that the information he was receiving was part of a Russian strategy to assist then-candidate Donald Trump's presidential campaign.

"This is an astounding thing," said Wine-Banks on MSNBC. "It is collusion with a foreign adversary if they were working together to get the information from the Russian government."

The Times' report cited three officials familiar with the email that was sent by music publicist Rob Goldstone, who represented the son of a wealthy Azerbaijani-Russian developer and has ties to the Trump family. The Times' sources alleged Goldstone's email "indicates" that Russia was the source of the information, which was supposed to have been damaging to then-candidate Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

Wine-Banks also hinted that the latest revelation would be looked at by special counsel Robert Mueller, who was appointed by the Justice Department to oversee the investigation into allegations of Russian involvement during the 2016 US presidential election: "We have, for sure, more evidence for Mr. Mueller to look at and get the details of," said Banks.

"And that's what this looks like, it looks like clear proof of collusion," Wine-Banks said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-t … aya-2017-7

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Is the President associated with this?  What leads you to believe this had anything to do with emails?  This meeting occurred before the leaks.  And nothing has been put out there that suggests Jr received anything or this woman had any connection to the hacks?  So I'll ask again, how is this any different than the DNC and Clinton's team meeting with the Ukrainian Ambassador to get dirt on Trump?

I know the answer is it isn't, and this is just more false alarms and howling at the wind.  You acknowledged nothing illegal has happened, so why the story?  It it because like I said earlier, none of you are interested in truth, least of all being consistent in your principals and applying them to yourselves and your own leaders.  You're interested in creating chaos, because you still haven't learned that yelling at the other side for doing exactly what you do, and offering no solutions to any of the problems that affect the majority, is why your party is at its weakest point in American history.

Please,  keep yelling about every story that comes out there.  It's doing wondrous things for credibility.

But thanks for acknowledging early on this time that there is no evidence and nothing illegal has occurred.  Now if we could just stop pretending every made up story is the end of the world, we'd be making real progress.  Small steps though.

Try reading. We are saying things are being investigated, there might be something illegal, might not. We're not screaming anything definitive like you are. That's why we have investigations. As opposed to someone yelling...

THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!! LIES!!!! DEMOCRATS ARE WEAK!!! YOUR PARTY IS DYING!!! NOTHING ILLEGAL!!!! SHOW ME THE DOCUMENTS, NO THE ACTUAL DOCUMENTS, BRING ME PUTIN FOR HIM TO TELL ME HIMSELF OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! HILLARY!!!!!! IT'S LIES!!!! OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're bending over backwards trying to deflect and acting like a drama queen to protect Don some odd reason.

I'm sure Muller will find this interesting with his obstruction investigation... Trump's campaign not only lied about meeting with Russians, including this specific Russian, but one who they thought had dirt on Hillary. When you ask why Don would want to stop the investigation, this could come into play.

I can read just fine.  Thanks though.  This time, YOU covered your ass and admitted you didn't know if it was true or illegal.  This time.  Every other time, you and or others have come in here claiming this is the big one (Remember when SLC claimed Flynn was going to "flip on Trump", then a few weeks later said he never said any of this nor that Trump was ever under investigation). 

I'm not going to get sucked into the trap of defending Jr.  I don't know what happened.  SLC called me and SGs out for remaining silent, as he started to rant about how this is treason and the latest evidence of collusion (watch, he won't defend the Treason claim and ignore these parts of my posts because it shows he's a liar or just stupid).  As I've said since this story broke, I have no idea what happened.  On the surface, nothing is illegal about meeting with someone from Russia, just as it's not illegal to meet from someone from the UK or Ukraine like Clinton's campaign did.  If something else happened, I'd like to know.  But I'm not going to join your circle jerk of speculation and giddiness thinking you've finally got your smoking gun to end Trump.  I'm not interested.  I didn't join the party when the idiots were yelling "Lock her up" and I'm not going to join in with the dipshits yelling "Impeach" or "Collusion".  Consistency.

I'm not asking you to say he's guilty, you refuse even the possibility he did anything wrong, that everything is a conspiracy. You go off on tangents about shit that has nothing to do with Trump and you LIE about what we say. That's the issue.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

(Remember when SLC claimed Flynn was going to "flip on Trump", then a few weeks later said he never said any of this nor that Trump was ever under investigation). 

What the hell are you talking about?

You misrepresent/lie about our positions, so much....that's the biggest issue here. Everybody takes issue with this.

Board footer