You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: GLOW on Netflix

PaSnow wrote:

Anyone else watch this?  Way better than I was expecting, only watched episode 1 so far, but was pretty serious & good. Not nearly as campy or gimmicky regarding the 80s or Glows female wrestling league as I was expecting. Reminds me of Fame, the 80s show, even tho I didn't watch that all that much. It gives me that kinda vibe.

Good show, check it out.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I gotta watch this. I see its gotten rave reviews. I thought it was gonna be a straight up doc on GLOW but clearly I was wrong.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

James, there actually is a doc on there as well.  TBH it's not all that great, sortof shoddy & shot on a camcorder essentially. I think I read where it sparked the interest of the shows makers.

It does serve well once you wrap up Season 1, to go back to.  The show takes some liberties as to whats true what isn't, and you can't pinpoint exactly what is/isn't.  The doc serves as a good indicator as to what parts are fabricated. It also does bring back the memories of the wrestlers, and the campiness. Some behind the scenes stuff too, apparently there were a few real injuries on set.

Board footer