You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Chris Pitman suing Axl Rose for unpaid 2011 wages

zombux wrote:

there's also Going Down, altough that one doesn't fit much into the rest of the songs, I think it was more like Tommy's personal initiative.

What's interesting to me is that of all the latterday members, Tommy's songwriting is probably closest to Izzy's in style. I'd love to hear the two of them do something together.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

is going down the only song that tommy wrote for gnr that we know of? the tab book credits him on cd, street of dreams, there was a time and catcher... but i'd imagine that's only for the bass parts?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
zombux wrote:

there's also Going Down, altough that one doesn't fit much into the rest of the songs, I think it was more like Tommy's personal initiative.

What's interesting to me is that of all the latterday members, Tommy's songwriting is probably closest to Izzy's in style. I'd love to hear the two of them do something together.

yup, that one sounds very Izzy-ish. and Tommy's voice as well smile

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
Axl, China Exchange wrote:

Part of me feels like I'm happy I didn't write things a year ago to something because… I feel like when I go at it now will be stronger.

Yup, nice find. Means nothing next to releasing things, but many peeps have wondered if Axl ever goes near a studio anymore.

sp1at wrote:

Expect ACDC and side projects once the tour has finished. Nothing new being released anytime soon

Nice to see you, even if you always bring the bad tidings smile

If Angus decides on a new album, that spells touring. Ditto Slash with his band.

dalethirsty wrote:

how much do you think axl was talking out of his ass here?

Axl, London 2002 wrote:

After 'Chinese Democracy,' Axl says, "Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon frère! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out."

Not too much, really. Album #2 does exist, to a degree. It has been in the making since late '99.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah there's definitely enough for ONE album but the project is scraping the bottom of the barrel from that point forward.

I'm not opposed to an Axl/DC album. I just want something from him before the window is painted shut. It is crazy that someone with as much talent as him can have such a small discog.

It needs at least one more album. I'll take it from any band, solo project, etc.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

guns n' roses ending with chinese democracy just doesn't feel right. a good album, but not a swan song.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

guns n' roses ending with chinese democracy just doesn't feel right. a good album, but not a swan song.

Yeah especially when you consider it was written mostly in 1999 or whatever and its 2017 and they're still alive.

zombux

zombux wrote:

+ everyone who was in the band during that time is not in the band anymore nowadays, of course with the exception of Dizzy and Axl. hell, they even had a guy in the band who came, toured extensively for 5 years, and left without even appearing at a studio track. another funny point of view is, that the four 2001 shows had totally different lineup compared to the current one, again except of Dizzy and Axl. weird shit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
zombux wrote:

+ everyone who was in the band during that time is not in the band anymore nowadays, of course with the exception of Dizzy and Axl. hell, they even had a guy in the band who came, toured extensively for 5 years, and left without even appearing at a studio track. another funny point of view is, that the four 2001 shows had totally different lineup compared to the current one, again except of Dizzy and Axl. weird shit.

That is weird.

Bumble scored the timing really by showing up right in time to add something to CD 2 years before it came out...hahah....

It's one way I can feel their pain though...it must be so annoying being DJ and being in the band for years on end but getting to contribute nothing...hell I bet bumble would have liked to do whole albums too and not just add a few solos here and there.

zombux

zombux wrote:

well, in the meantime, BFF was active with his solo albums (and I REALLY love Abnormal which came about half year before ChiDem, and has been recorded within a few weeks in his studio... he posted clips in the studio so one could follow the recording process... nice touch!). and DJ released 2 albums with Sixx:AM, too.

Board footer