You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

He's even better with a band. Tickets are only $20!

Holy shit! Hell, that's less than I paid for parking at Six Flags!

My concert days are nearing the end. Not just my hearing issues(well, that's a big one and thanks Bucket for blowing my ears out in 2011 for days bucket ) but most of the artists/bands I like are getting really old and the performances suffer, my favorite singer killed himself so that one is off the table, I'm probably going to see GNR this year and that's going to be it for GNR, and there aren't many people left I'd even want to bother with. Plus I'm more interested in going to amusement parks I missed out on in my youth.

Example: Go see Buckingham/McVie whom I love and played practically next door or go to Six Flags? I went to SF.

Is he adding any Cali dates? For twenty bucks I'd see him one last time and like bri said, hardcore fans have always raved on the band tours.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Last night in Chicago he had a big technical issue and ended his show after an hour. Glad I didn't go.

I had just read about this incident on that last tour. What a clusterfuck. Just walked offstage and never came back.

edit:

bigbri wrote:

I think he withdrew from touring and collaborating to care for his parents, he also had what most believe is back surgery. During this time he started releasing the pikes, probably while staying near home or at home.

Sadly situations like this can quickly lead to pain pill addiction.

With how eccentric he is though how would anyone notice the signs? 16

another edit:

johndivney wrote:

Please play loud

http://youtu.be/UyA93RbBndM

Sweet baby Jesus....[/embed]

Final edit:

Axlin16 wrote:

I've always had a fan boy dream that GN'R will tour with Axl, Slash, Duff & Dizzy (at the least), and Axl possibly with AC/DC. But when Axl gets time to tour solo... he and Bucket re-connect and do something together in the studio with Finck, Stinson, Brain & Pitman, but as 'Axl Rose' as a solo artist.

It COULD happen. Just a matter of if people want to do it. Bucket touring with Axl as a solo act, isn't GN'R, but it still would have to be awfully lucrative.

I wish Axl was ten years younger. With a lightning bolt from the rock gods, he rediscovered his prime and more importantly....the ambition and activity that existed in that prime. Is he releasing GNR albums now? No. But he's on a monster tour not seen since the UYI tour, he just fronted one of the biggest rock bands in history and may do so again, he shows up at Billy Joel concerts singing Big Shot, the world is in love with him again.  I know fans are frustrated by no new GNR music but his comeback is incredible. Only Axl Rose could have such a comeback.

The sand in the hourglass is unfortunately fading. At best he can be at this high level for five years unless he can pull a Jagger/McCartney and still kick ass at 70..which gives him almost 20 years.

Shows are great. Millions of fans eating it up. That voice needs to be recorded on tape. Yes...you kick ass on Jungle....PC....NR...etc....even do your Soundgarden tribute pretty damn good....you kick ass on Thunderstruck and Big Shot....but please get your voice on tape before its too late. Even if its just to go the Rod Stewart/Michael McDonald route of doing cover songs for a chunk of your career.

reason I say I wish he was 10 years younger is the type of collaborations you mention(with Bucket) would be much more realistic.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

He's even better with a band. Tickets are only $20!

Holy shit! Hell, that's less than I paid for parking at Six Flags!

Is he adding any Cali dates? For twenty bucks I'd see him one last time and like bri said, hardcore fans have always raved on the band tours.

I assume he'll add dates all over. These tours usually go through a fall/spring phase and he hits the big cities. I would love to see him with Brain again.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I had never heard Tennessee 2004 before yesterday.

Wow. What a performance.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I had never heard Tennessee 2004 before yesterday.

Wow. What a performance.

[/embed]

It's a legendary one ...

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

just got my copy of elephant man's alarm clock on vinyl. copy #114! it sounds fuckin' killer so far.

6DGDU62.jpg

haven't heard the song final wars in years. it's like 9 amazing riffs all in one cohesive package. one of his best, imo.

hell, even bucket's throwaway riffs are better than the best riffs most dudes will come up with in their entire lifetime.

the mysterious bucketheadland album/dvd should be here by halloween. can't wait!

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Final Wars is incredible. That there might be his best album ever.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I watched a live stream last night, and it was pretty good even if he has the same set list he's pretty much had for 15 years.

James

James wrote:

Which I don't understand. He releases a hundred albums a year. How can the set list not change?

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Which I don't understand. He releases a hundred albums a year. How can the set list not change?

I dunno man. His playing is getting better, like Slash. He adds some interesting snippets of covers; last night it was Fleetwood Mac, which was cool. He also plays stuff differently now. Soothsayer is still soothsayer at its core, but the soloing is different.

I'll say, it's cool to see him with Brain and Dan Monti. A band is totally the best way to experience him.

The old stuff, it just works. The crowds like it. Kind of like the GNR situation. Ironically, like GNR, Buckethead has added an AC/DC cover to his set: Bad Boy Boogie.

Board footer