You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

James wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP3Zn6_VFBw

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_klbXJz6tSI

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I've listened to a couple of Gary's latest records. Dig this song even if it's a bit simplistic.

I was imagining Axl and Blue Hair doing this sort of thing. Would be interesting.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Coupla good bands I heard recently:

James

James wrote:

I have a question about this video....

How do you have a big enough budget for your video to hire Joan Severance yet only use her minimally? It was the 80s. Put her in just about every second of that video and it moves at least 20-30k more copies of your album.

You also don't need any of those other models. Waste of money.

What a song. Brings back great memories.  This is one of those hits that's sorta lost to history. You never hear it anymore.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How do you have a big enough budget for your video to hire Joan Severance yet only use her minimally? It was the 80s. Put her in just about every second of that video and it moves at least 20-30k more copies of your album.

I'm unfamiliar with the details behind that shoot but the visual effects matte composites and stage setup/rigging/pyro would cost far more than Joan Severance even in she were fully featured.

It was likely a shoot out, meaning they shot all of Joan's scenes in a short time frame. Honestly, that looks like a days work at most, half a day if the crew were prepared.

Good storytellers are hard to find. It's partly why most music videos were simulated concert and T&A montages.

James

James wrote:

While I only mentioned Joan, the effects were also part of my point regarding high budget.

Joan was at the level of model back then who wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10k.

She didn't come cheap even if only in a cameo role.

Like you, I know nothing about this video and not much about the Scorps either.

Maybe she was a fan?

I haven't listened to a Scorpions album since Crazy World.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

This one's getting a lot of spins from me.

Board footer